Mated/Possible gravid Tarantula

BalfHeart29

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I just would like to ask if It is safe to ship a mated/possible gravid tarantula in a 30 km distance?

Ps: thanks for the answers πŸ’–
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
If it's 30km, couldn't you just drive it? I'm not experienced in this personally, but I have seen mated/possibly gravid females for sale.

BalfHeart29

Arachnopeon
If it's 30km, couldn't you just drive it? I'm not experienced in this personally, but I have seen mated/possibly gravid females for sale.
I would also like to know if it is risky or would it affect the eggs or kill the female because of the travel. Thank you in advance

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Just drive it or meet in the middle. Cheaper and less hassle. Plus you know it made it to its destination.

BalfHeart29

Arachnopeon
Just drive it or meet in the middle. Cheaper and less hassle. Plus you know it made it to its destination.
Thank you, I just would like to know just incase that situation happen? Would it affect the eggs and the mother? Like is there a possibility that the female might have a problem giving birth?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
all depends on how smooth the drive is and how much shock absorption you put around her

BalfHeart29

Arachnopeon
Okay, thank you for that πŸ˜‡ have you experienced like that female died after a long travel? Even though its packed nicely

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Okay, thank you for that πŸ˜‡ have you experienced like that female died after a long travel? Even though its packed nicely
I had an (unknown to me) Gravid Female T albopilosus I transported a similar distance.
She did not die
She laid a Sac
The sac didn't produce spiderlings

Before I had her she had been transported 610 km.

I can't prove the travel affected her pregnancy, it could have just been a phantom sac. She is still alive and doing really well

BalfHeart29

Arachnopeon
That's what I'm afraid of, that the eggs inside her might be affected.

It's going to be my first sac btw

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would pick it up in person at that distance! No sense in risking shipping problems.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I live in Southern CA, I drive more than 30k each direction to work 5 days a week. Hell, I'd deliver it by bike. I agree with @Smotzer. When you are concerned about things, eliminate all the things you cannot control. Shipping is something you cannot control.

BalfHeart29

Arachnopeon
I have my own exotic rider/motorbike. I hope it will be fine

all you know is she has possibly mated, her being gravid is yet to be known, yes?
Yes, btw I have my own exotic rider. I hope its going to be safe its a motor bike btw.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
OM<edit>G, don't transport fragile cargo via motorcycle. No offense, but seriously the way you Pinoy drive you are fighting an undertow and you aren't Michael Phelps. Don't pretend like you don't know what I am talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Gravid females are shipped without issue...often without even knowing.....as long as its packed properly I wouldnt worry.