Matching Up Parabuthis traansvalicus

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am thinking about ordering an adult male Souh African Thicktail Scorpion to try and mate with my 2 year old female. I keep her in a 5 gallon tank. Would this tank be big enough for this pair to live in? Can they be kept in pairs. I have read yes and no. What would be the best way to introduce the male to his new bride?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am thinking about ordering an adult male Souh African Thicktail Scorpion to try and mate with my 2 year old female. I keep her in a 5 gallon tank. Would this tank be big enough for this pair to live in? Can they be kept in pairs. I have read yes and no. What would be the best way to introduce the male to his new bride?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
I've never kept these, but I've read that they aren't communal and shouldn't be kept together for anything other than mating purposes.

I'd buy another tank, and keep the male seperate or try and loan a male in the section on here.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think a 5gal tank is quite big for a single P. trans. I keep mine in a container with a 12x12 inch floor area.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think a 5gal tank is quite big for a single P. trans. I keep mine in a container with a 12x12 inch floor area.
A 5 Gal tank is pratically identical in surface area to a container that is 12x12.... perhaps even your container is larger. Of the top of my head I would say a simple 5 gal is about 16x8.

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I left my male and female together in a 5 gallon setup. They lived in the same burrow without any problems. Even after she popped, I didn't notice much (if any) of a lose with the scorplings. Just make sure that you keep them well fed.

W. Smith

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My male and female have been together in a 5g tank for 7 months now.