Mastigoproctus Gigantaeus Whipscorpion

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
I just got 2 whipscorpions, and I would like to know if I should put them together in the same enclousure? Thanks.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
I believe most, if not all of the Amblypygis are fine communally.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed that what you have is a vinegaroon, I have no experience with those, so disregard my advice

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are they adults? I've kept males together and they would do OK, but females would try to kill each other, just my experience, I never kept trying it.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
I would suggest against keeping them together. Even a receptive female can end up killing a male.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I don't think they can be kept together. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking in the end you'd end up with one fat happy vinegaroon instead of two. My specimen isn't super aggressive, even to prey, but I don't think it's worth the risk.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I'd keep them separate. Not enough information is really known, but its better safe then sorry.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Pretty sure they'll kill each other, unless they are a sexed pair, though even then after a while the female would probably eat the male. It's best to keep them separately, they are not at all like their communal relatives the Amblypygids, (whipspiders).