[Warning] Mary Flicker (mflicker44@blumail.org) / allison33 (Allison Flicker) <allisonflicker@live.fr>

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
I recieved a random email today out of the blue from a lady named Mary Flicker, email- mflicker44@blumail.org claiming to sell P. metallica. I have an address but no telephone #, she claims she lives in a crowded house with a no good cell phone and that she didn't want to give out her home phone, but would call me when she was shipping. Please, Please be aware of this person. If admins need her address they can contact me here on the boards.

She also didn't take paypal or any other trusted pay method. I did a quick search for her name and address and only came up with 66yr olds and 70yr olds. I didn't look at any of the pictures she sent, but when I replied to that email, I got the trusted spam warning from MSN. Just a heads up in case you or someone you know recieved a similar message, also be on the look out for any new people on the boards selling P. metallica.

I've seen this stuff time and time again. I hope this helps everyone. thanks and cheers!

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mary Flicker is the name being used by some person in Eastern Europe running scams on AB and elsewhere... the scammers stickied here are all (almost certainly) the same person.

tmb

Arachnopeon
I also got an email from Mary Flicker offering live cocoons for some butterflies Im looking for. Shes must be a scam as shes offering both butterflies and tarantulas. She used the same email address as above. She claims she lives in Indiana USA.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note

Mary Flicker is the name being used by some person in Eastern Europe running scams on AB and elsewhere... the scammers stickied here are all (almost certainly) the same person.
You say she is running scams on AB. I checked the email address and name that you provided and no users matched either one. Do you have a user name or another email address or IP address? Please PM that info to me if you do. Thanks.

Debby

Boris78

Arachnopeon
Mary Flicker Scam

I have been scamed by these people telling me they were in (USA) Indiana but were in fact a team from
Cameroon scaming people about all kind of insect or exotic animal. So fox be aware !If they push you to use western union or moneygram=> most of the time are scam. I hope
it can help.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is an Allison Flicker posting,so BEWARE.I reported the FS add as well.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note

There is an Allison Flicker posting,so BEWARE.I reported the FS add as well.
While we still have never been contacted with any information regarding Mary Flicker, allison33 (Allison Flicker) has been banned and all posts removed. They are NOT in the US, despite them claiming they are. Thanks to those that reported it to us.

Debby

german shepard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well now she's on Petbugs, as I almost fell for the sceme. She has a few great looking T's on the sale sight. I had her send a few pics of some I was intersted in; an Avic Metallica, Avic Amazonica purple and a Pokie Ornata all female adults. She sent the pics as I requested and they are great looking T's. Not sure where the pics are from but I am glad I read and did a search on here for her. She wanted me to send her Western union cash for the 3 T's ($270.00) which For I thought was a reasonable price. Again until I read this forum. Thanks to all who posted here for keeping people lie myself informed, Marty

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Admin Note:

It has been brought to our attention that Allison Flicker is connected to the name Karol Johnson. Please be warned that these scammers are using multiple email addresses and multiple names to try and cover their tracks. The newest name added to the mix is: Sue Shaer.

We were told that these ads were found on other various sites. It saddens me that other sites would allow their ads to remain. Although I am not sure if anyone has actually contacted any of these other sites to inform them.

Please be cautious.

Debby

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well now she's on Petbugs, as I almost fell for the sceme. She has a few great looking T's on the sale sight. I had her send a few pics of some I was intersted in; an Avic Metallica, Avic Amazonica purple and a Pokie Ornata all female adults. She sent the pics as I requested and they are great looking T's. Not sure where the pics are from but I am glad I read and did a search on here for her. She wanted me to send her Western union cash for the 3 T's ($270.00) which For I thought was a reasonable price. Again until I read this forum. Thanks to all who posted here for keeping people lie myself informed, Marty
She's used various names/emails, but always wants money sent to a Walmart in Eckhart Indiana. I'd be cautious about sending ANY money in this way. [Edit - I'm removing ongoing actions on my part as the scammers may well be reading this - any genuine members that are curious can reach out via PM]

Last edited:

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING WITH MONEYGRAM OR WESTERN UNION. EVER.

This scammer is running through a bucket of names and email addresses, but they're apparently limited on IDs.

So far, they've used at least:

allisonflicker@live.fr
mflicker44@blumail.org
m.flicker44@blumail.org
flicker44@rediffmail.com
karoljohnson@hushmail.com
flicker44@blumail.org

and the names Karol Johnson, Allison Flicker, Mary Flicker, Sue Shaer, and probably lots of others.

Mostly they've been using the an in Elkhart, Indiana on their IDs, but also one in Yorkshire and another in Qatar.

They claim to sell everything from spiders to macaws to butterflies.

Again, the main thing is:

DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING WITH MONEYGRAM OR WESTERN UNION. EVER.

Those services are for wiring emergency funds to people you know, like if your sister was stranded in Rome or something.

Reputable exporters have bank accounts that you can verify, know what a WCA agent is, etc., and wouldn't deal with an order of like 5 spiders anyway. There's no need to use Moneygram or Western Union with them, much less someone in the US.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note:

It saddens me to have to bump this thread, but it has just been brought to our attention that Mary Flicker is still up to no good. I can not believe this person is still at it. She is using a different email address: candlelight364@gmail.com.

She is connected to this scammer thread. Please be warned and do not become her next victim!

Debby

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note:

Unfortunately, I must bump this thread again. It appears that Mary Flicker is still trying to scam people. It has been brought to our attention that the user Poldi (aka Alex Ullrich) has been associated with her. His account has not been active or posted since 2011, here on AB. However, he has been in contact with potential buyers and, despite being located in Germany, is giving the name Mary Flicker (as his girlfriend) and an address in Indiana to send Walmart Money Orders. The money is picked up and nothing is ever shipped.

The account for Poldi has been banned from posting in the classifieds and all of their ads have been removed.

Once again, PLEASE do NOT ever do business with anyone with the name Mary Flicker or anyone associated with that name. This is a proven scam over and over again. Educate yourselves so you will not be the next victim.

Debby

Pbhughett

Arachnopeon
Mary Flicker

I've been communicating with Briana Koch and Mary Flicker on and off for a couple of months.I'm currently exchanging emails as I'm typing this. I knew immediately it was a scam back then. I'm just fishing for information and collecting emails. I know they are out of the country, but is there anything we can do? Is there any agency we can report these people to? I've got a couple of different email addresses, two names, a physical address for the western union, apparently they got ahold of Mary Flicker's license because they sent me a copy of it, and a bunch of emails.

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
I was contacted by a Mary something or other on another forum in response to my add for local people to trade with, she claimed to have adult brachypelmas for $60 bucks.
When I told her hey that price is good but I am looking for slings she then had all brachy slings available for $12 $15.

I could tell it immediately was a scam, when they have everything you need at a fraction of the price you are used to paying, and are willing to do whatever needed to make the deal, somethings not right.
these are the same people that will burn you on craigslist, selling you that $1200 puppy/parrot for $300 and hey they aren't home right now but they are willing to ship the animal to the right home...blah blah.
there's millions of these scammers online.
never fall for it.

her name was mary Anderson and even offered to ship me the $ 12 B. auratum with free shipping. lol

Last edited: