markface's picture thread

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey yall. i'm new here so forgive me if i mess anything up on this . i have been working with T's for the last year at my job , so i have been doing alot of reading up on them . i finally decided to get a couple of them to further my education on them . here's what i have .

Grammostola aureostriata sling . sorry for the poor quality pics .

Hysterocrates gigas sling ( i think )

and Pterinochilus murinus sub adult i think .

thanks for looking .

x-fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice murinus, i've got one myself and can't w8 'till she ( hopefully ) get big as yours :))))

Boo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome. Cute little babies. That murinus is so beautiful but I'm not brave enough to have one in my collection.

x-fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome. Cute little babies. That murinus is so beautiful but I'm not brave enough to have one in my collection.
well if you pay attention i think you will be fine, they are a little bit jumpy but ... all you have to do is not letting it cought you unprepared :))))
My favorite so far :))

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks yall . i like the murinus alot though i have no plans on trying to handle it anytime soon . the Grammostola aureostriata is the only one i have really done any handling with so far . i think i need to take my time and work my way up to handling the more um serious critters . i do find them all facinating and am looking forward to learning more about their personalities .

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Neat little collection. P.murinus was one of my first Ts as well, they are gorgeous. I mean how often do you see a bright orange spider?

Anyways, I think the Hysterocrates gigas, should be given peat moss or some other type of soil since its a burrowing species.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I agree, the gigas needs some moist substrate for burrowing. Otherwise, nice collection! Do you know the sex of the P. murinus? I wouldn't be surprised if it molts female.

-Sean

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree, the gigas needs some moist substrate for burrowing. Otherwise, nice collection! Do you know the sex of the P. murinus? I wouldn't be surprised if it molts female.

-Sean

i've got the gigas on bed-a-beast right now and it is kept fairly moist . the thing is already half riddled with borrows . the murinus i believe is female , but her last molt at the shop got messed up so i couldnt tell for sure . also i'm very new to trying to sex T's so i could easily be wrong either way .

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i've got the gigas on bed-a-beast right now and it is kept fairly moist . the thing is already half riddled with borrows . the murinus i believe is female , but her last molt at the shop got messed up so i couldnt tell for sure . also i'm very new to trying to sex T's so i could easily be wrong either way .

Alright thats good that you have it on Bed-a-beast now. Was that picture when you first got it? :?

There is a thread entirely wrong on sexing, you should skim through it.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah that was the cup it was in when i bought it . i put it in a 6,75 inch round 4 inch deep deli when i got it home . it has about 2 inches of bed a beast which it has done some extensive burrowing in .

here's a pic of his current home right after i put him in it .

i've been reading alot of the articles and various threads in the last couple days here . i'm learning alot , but still have a long way to go .

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i finally got some halfway decent pics of my Grammostola aureostriata i thought i would post them . it's about 3/4 inch .

also got a couple pics of my Pterinochilus murinus in it's web .

thanks for looking .

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice murinus

your murinus has a nice little web home goin there. good start to your collection. I say start cause I know theres gonna be more.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
crappy H. gigas pics

one week after molt G. aureostriata

emediately after molt

not a T but still cool . Hemiscolopendra marginata