Map of breeders?

Gettincloser

Arachnopeon
not sure if possible or how to do it but it would be pretty neat to have a map of breeders if we wanted to meet up/shop local.

mellow

Arachnobaron
I'm not sure how it would work but that would be pretty cool! 😃

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Not at all sure if this falls under feasible. An NGO keeping track of available persons and their location. They had basic skeletal maps, I think 8 of them which covered the entire world. Persons registering with the org would select the map where they were and mark their location. These maps would then get put into a database which recorded Map A through F and grid coordinates X and Y. Then when looking for available people in a given locale the relevant map was selected which then brought up the X and Y and place a marker of every person on that map. I was told the DB for several thousand people was tiny as there was only the personal info box, grid (map) box, and the X and Y. Template 1 through 8,, X and Y

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
<Update>

Phase 1 is done. You can now view a map of dealers that have review items that the location field has been properly filled out.

If viewing the Dealer Review Category, you will only see pins on the map for the dealers listed on the page that you are currently viewing.

To see all of the dealers who have correctly entered locations at once, you will need to go to the "Full Map". Please note that the full map will only show up to 200 pins. (not really a problem for the dealer review category as there are currently under 50 dealers listed in total.)

cold blood

Staff member
So now how do breeders get the pin on the map...more specifically, how can i get pinned to that map?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
This is awesome! Can't wait to see it get filled in as more breeders get added.

Whoa! Just discovered I'm on the map!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
So now how do breeders get the pin on the map...more specifically, how can i get pinned to that map?
First you would need to create a website so that you could have a dealer review. ;)

Right now, it's only turned on for "Dealer Review Items" as there were relatively few of those to go through.

Once I have gone through the 38 pages of "User Review Items" and updating the ones that can be updated, I will turn on the "pins" for User Review items as well. :)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I've done a few hundred items and I'm done, lol. If you would like to request either the creation or deletion of a Map Pin, please see this thread:

Maps have been turned on for the Dealer Item category and the User Item Category.

Dealer Full Map

User Full Map

Please remember, the maximum number of pins on either of these maps is 200.

If you want to see if there is a Pin for your review item:
  1. Click on "Filters" in the upper right corner of the map
  2. Input your username in the "Created by" field
  3. Click the "Filter" button.
1592269833807.png

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
so its really a dealer map and not as much a breeder map.
Technically, it's a "Category Map", it's neither and both. ;)

The difference between dealer review items and user review items is the presence of an actual website (social media pages are not acceptable). If you're a "breeder" that has an actual website, then you can have a review item in the "dealer" category. If you're a "breeder" has a social media page, or other "non-website" page then you can have a review item in the "user" category. As we do not have a specific "breeder" category, there can be no "breeder map". However, both the "Dealer Map" and the "User Map" can contain breeders. :D