Mantis Not Eating

ShyTeddyBear98

Arachnosquire
Orchid Mantis not eating

My female orchid mantis moulted into an adult a week ago (Sunday). I have attempted to feed her everyday since Thursday to no avail. She simple refuses to eat anything, I've tried: roaches, locusts and crickets. She does however seem to relish water when I spray her enclosure... What do you think?

Attachments

basin79

ArachnoGod
Orchid Mantis not eating

My female orchid mantis moulted into an adult a week ago (Sunday). I have attempted to feed her everyday since Thursday to no avail. She simple refuses to eat anything, I've tried: roaches, locusts and crickets. She does however seem to relish water when I spray her enclosure... What do you think?
Orchid/flower mantids prefer flying insects. So you could try blue bottle flies.

Give her a little bit of runny honey via a toothpick or similar or dissolve some in water and let her drink the drops off a pipette or similar.

That will give her some energy and perk her up.

ShyTeddyBear98

Arachnosquire
Thanks. I did use to feed her curly-winged flies. But due to the holes at the back of the Exo-Terra, many escaped; driving my mother crazy haha. I guess I can tape them up now since I've just ordered 100 castas of blue bottles.

basin79

ArachnoGod

ShyTeddyBear98

Arachnosquire
I went to that exact website just now to order the castas haha! I must of lost the sliders to cover up the back, though I don't remember ever seeing them.

ShyTeddyBear98

Arachnosquire
Well, I'm officially a dumbass. Only just noticed the sliders on the Exo-Terra. Thanks for that information.