Mantis Forums (PROBLEM)

Roy1982

Arachnopeon
Alright, so I tried joining MantidFourms. FAILED.
I tried joining UKMantisForums, FAILED..

It seems when i search for Mantis forums on Google, there's nothing to be found.

Are we not living in the 21st century? Is this not the year 2016?

What does the year have to do with anything?
Do you see the videos on YouTube?

People are smarter, and more aware today, then they were yesterday about all kinds of stuff, not just spiders, scorpions, etc.

The world we live in is more conscious about the world around us.

Thus, there should be more information when I search Google. I don't see any forums.

I went clicked the most popular sites that came up on Google. Why..?

You don't get to the top of Google by being a nobody. That's why. If your on the top results, your site is booming, and is popular.

So why do I see that UK Mantis Forums is closed?

Why do I see that MantidForums has posts as old as 2 - 3 years?

I open the Arachnoboards page, and the first post says Yesterday at 8:17 AM..

I shouldn't have to come to a Arachnid forum to talk about Inverts. That's **.

Anyways, I don't hate Arachnid Forums. Despite the fact I did a whole page dedicated to clear enclosures. It was deleted because I made references to sellers, etc. Whatever, it's old news.

I came here to see if anyone understands what I'm going through. I'm fully aware Praying Mantids are talked about on here, that's another reason why I figured I'd ask people what's going on about the lack of Mantis Forums online.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Don't know what you are talking about, the Mantid forum is still quite active, and there are usually new posts every day. Just now I looked and the most recent post was 36 minutes ago. Sometimes it can take a while to validate as a member, but the forum is pretty active.

Roy1982

Arachnopeon
Don't know what you are talking about, the Mantid forum is still quite active, and there are usually new posts every day. Just now I looked and the most recent post was 36 minutes ago. Sometimes it can take a while to validate as a member, but the forum is pretty active.
Alright.. that's fine then. But it's been almost two days.. I just wanted to talk about my mantis, which I created a post about on here. :)

I'm just impatient.. Maybe I'm also a little nervous, and don't want to fail again with this mantis I have.

Post is here. http://arachnoboards.com/threads/chinese-praying-mantis-tenodera-sinensis-hangs-all-day.287109/

Thanks for the help. I'll just try to be a little more patient.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Alright.. that's fine then. But it's been almost two days.. I just wanted to talk about my mantis, which I created a post about on here. :)

I'm just impatient.. Maybe I'm also a little nervous, and don't want to fail again with this mantis I have.

Post is here. http://arachnoboards.com/threads/chinese-praying-mantis-tenodera-sinensis-hangs-all-day.287109/

Thanks for the help. I'll just try to be a little more patient.
Yeah, it can take up to a week to validate, since the moderators take the time to look through each new profile made looking for spammers. Trust me though, the wait is worth it. ;)

Roy1982

Arachnopeon
Yeah, it can take up to a week to validate, since the moderators take the time to look through each new profile made looking for spammers. Trust me though, the wait is worth it. ;)
I didn't see that information. So it's a week then.. I'll just shut up then, and wait. I hope it is, because I really wanted to see some mantids, and other enclosure setups. Thank a million. I'll just wait then.

Got any input on the price they put when people go to sign up.. I think it's kinda rude to "ask" people to pay, before people even get a chance to see any of the posts.. I mean, I can't even introduce myself or anything, without actually being accepted. That also ticks me off as well. I'm not a robot, or a spammer. I just like to look and talk about crap like this. Anyways, thanks again. :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I didn't see that information. So it's a week then.. I'll just shut up then, and wait. I hope it is, because I really wanted to see some mantids, and other enclosure setups. Thank a million. I'll just wait then.

Got any input on the price they put when people go to sign up.. I think it's kinda rude to "ask" people to pay, before people even get a chance to see any of the posts.. I mean, I can't even introduce myself or anything, without actually being accepted. That also ticks me off as well. I'm not a robot, or a spammer. I just like to look and talk about crap like this. Anyways, thanks again. :)
It can take a week, sometimes it's shorter, sometimes it may be little longer. It's a great forum for mantis lovers, full of very knowledgeable members. :)

Well for years now, the two administrators of the forum, Peter Clausen and Orin McMonigle, have been paying to keep the Mantis forum, the Beetle forum and the Allpet Roaches forum up and active out of their own pockets, and it ain't cheap! Recently they've reached out to the community asking for forum supporters who can help out a little bit to keep the forums we all know and love active. They aren't forcing anyone to do anything, just letting people know they can help support the forums, which does not seem rude or unreasonable to me.

You have no idea how many spammers will try to join a forum, even with the careful checking of each profile, some spammers still slip through the cracks. You can't really blame them for being careful, especially since the forums are supposed to be family friendly, and some of the spammers will post links to less than family friendly websites, if you know what I mean. They are just trying to make the forums a safe place for hobbyists of all ages to share. :)