Mantis fell while molting

Camry

Arachnopeon
I had a juvenile cat eye mantis arrive yesterday in the mail and I just came out to see her laying on the bottom of her cup with her lower legs and arms still stuck in shed. I stuck the legs of the shed back through the mesh on the lid so she’s upside down. I also added some damp paper towel to the bottom. I’m new to mantis’s will she get through this on her own? And if not how long do I wait before trying to help?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I got his legs out but he’s badly deformed

Yes they did fall completely. I got them out of their shed but both legs and front arms are deformed. He’s still moving and wants to stand but his head is still curled into molt position.
Unless it can still grip with its legs it's a lost cause. If it can still grip then you can try hand feeding but it would still be a very remote chance of survival.

Camry

Arachnopeon
Unless it can still grip with its legs it's a lost cause. If it can still grip then you can try hand feeding but it would still be a very remote chance of survival.
He has spunk and tries to grip but he can’t coordinate his legs well and his head being curled in makes it harder. will this kill him or is he stuck deformed till he starves to death?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
He has spunk and tries to grip but he can’t coordinate his legs well and his head being curled in makes it harder. will this kill him or is he stuck deformed till he starves to death?
It'll be stuck that way until it dies unfortunately. The way they molt is by gripping the top and stretching down. If it does not have use of the legs it's sadly not a positive outlook.

Camry

Arachnopeon
It'll be stuck that way until it dies unfortunately. The way they molt is by gripping the top and stretching down. If it does not have use of the legs it's sadly not a positive outlook.
That’s really sad to hear I hate just watching things die. He has the same amount of energy as before his shed. I can get him to latch onto things with his legs but not on his own or very good because his curled in head gets in the way. If He accepts hand feeding will he still die?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That’s really sad to hear I hate just watching things die. He has the same amount of energy as before his shed. I can get him to latch onto things with his legs but not on his own or very good because his curled in head gets in the way. If He accepts hand feeding will he still die?
It won't die if you can hand feed it. But if it can't molt it'll eventually die anyway. But at least it won't starve to death.

Camry

Arachnopeon
It won't die if you can hand feed it. But if it can't molt it'll eventually die anyway. But at least it won't starve to death.
I don’t think he’ll be able to do another molt. Is it more humane to leave him be till he passes? And how long does it take to pass from a missmolt. I don’t know what to do it sucks seeing him unable to do anything

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I don’t think he’ll be able to do another molt. Is it more humane to leave him be till he passes? And how long does it take to pass from a missmolt. I don’t know what to do it sucks seeing him unable to do anything
I usually euthanize.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
What’s the best way to euthanize?
I do the smash method if I have to. But either way it's unfortunate when that happens.
I had one once that attempted to molt during transit and ended up in a similar situation to yours. There was sadly no hope.