Mantichora (again)

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I finally got a couple more of the Amblycheila (Manticora) cylindriformis. I wasn't sure I'd ever see one again.
The energy level and appetite for crickets is amazing (though they certainly waste a lot). Two of them were fighting madly over a large black cricket and by the time I got the picture they had busted apart each holding a part of the cricket as shown.

Attachments

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:drool::drool:nuff said........................................................ can't wait ta get mine:D

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Are Mantichora spec. (Namibia) available in the states yet?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Impressive. Do you happen to know anything about the larval stage, Orin?

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Tiger beetle larvae are predatory. They might be easy to rear but it's just not that easy to get them to lay eggs.

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know these questions have already been asked and aren't answered yet, but I too am eager to know how they're cared for, how long they can live and where you managed to get them.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive been trying for years:wall:to get these(still trying)they have got to be the most awseome beetles that ive ever seen,ive had anthia in the past(want more of those aswell)i have the amblychiela which are little"manticoras"they are awesome,pretty much all of the predatory beetles are easy to care for,not that demanding.from my experience.everytime i look at those pics of them:worship::drool:just amazing.

Kruggar

Arachnobaron
I had no idea the african tigers were so large! MORE PICS PLEASE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D