manchester NH show

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys and gals, sorry for the late addition... but will there be a nice variety of scorps there? If so I'll be haning out with all of you guys for the day. :) This would be a great time seeings my paroll officer doesn't think I should goto arachnocon... haha just kidding, I'm too poor to fly down to TX :'(

So have prior visitors of the show seen a bunch of scorps? Thanks all, and I'm excited to see all of us new englanders there!!!!

EDIT: I guess there was a show that just recently went down, I thought we were looking foward to the OCT one in this thread cause thats the next show the website lists... sorry for the confusion, but hopfully I will see some of you in oct!!! But im still curious if there was any scorpps?

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys and gals, sorry for the late addition... but will there be a nice variety of scorps there? If so I'll be haning out with all of you guys for the day. :) This would be a great time seeings my paroll officer doesn't think I should goto arachnocon... haha just kidding, I'm too poor to fly down to TX :'(

So have prior visitors of the show seen a bunch of scorps? Thanks all, and I'm excited to see all of us new englanders there!!!!

EDIT: I guess there was a show that just recently went down, I thought we were looking foward to the OCT one in this thread cause thats the next show the website lists... sorry for the confusion, but hopfully I will see some of you in oct!!! But im still curious if there was any scorpps?
I wasnt really looking for any scorps but i did see lots of people buying them. and they were saying stuff like "ohhh this one could really hurt you!" {D i saw lots of emps and flat rock scorps, there were others but like i said i wasnt looking for scorps.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got there after noon, only met one person from the board, Fenixflamz. He stood in front of Coldblooded Pets fairly large selection of T's agonizing over all the choices for the whole time I was there I think:). There were also the usual piles of WC's, rosea's, avic avic's, blondi's and haplo's as well as P. imperator, H. paudicens and H. spinnifer. Scolo's and millie's too. LOTS of snakes, a good number of frogs and lizards, plenty of deals on feeders, though not much for roaches.
I picked up a Pampho sp. "s. equador", another M. mesomelas and teeny freebie OBT. Also got a package deal on a couple of Tokay geckos and a "vietnamese birdeater" for $30. I think it's H. vonwirthi, just going by relative leg lenths. I don't normally buy adult/WC anything but it was too good/easy of a deal to pass up and I got there too late, the CB tokay's were all gone. I'm hoping the tokay's will help me keep my superworm and male B. dubia populations under control, my T's and leopard gek's have been slacking.
As is typical, the use of common names by all the dealers was prevelent and very annoying. The guy selling the "vietnamese birdeater" also had "thai tigers" for almost twice the $'s and even on very close inspection I'd swear they were the same spiders. I commented about this and he just shrugged and smiled. He had some huge blondi's, one had to have been over 10". I noticed gargoyle geckos are coming down in price, saw a few in the $35-50 range.
Not a bad show, for cow-hampshire, though I liked last year's better, they had a gun show going on just up the hall.

Bill

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All new england reptile expo

Manchester was the first expo I’ve gone to and I thought it was pretty cool. I just wished there were more inverts and less snakes. Anyways do you guys know of any good pet shops with a good variety of insects in and around northern MA and southern NH? Cold Blooded Pets seems really nice but to far away. Thanks.

MsDemeanor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cold Bleeded was working on using the Latins last time I went there, I hate common names but Troy and Adam and the gang are good people :)

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Manchester was the first expo I’ve gone to and I thought it was pretty cool. I just wished there were more inverts and less snakes. Anyways do you guys know of any good pet shops with a good variety of insects in and around northern MA and southern NH? Cold Blooded Pets seems really nice but to far away. Thanks.
Hey Tim, there are none with a good invert selection in RI. Petco has emps and one or two T's (I think), some small time pet stores have like one emp and one rose hair, but not selection. I knew of one store in northern RI who carried multiple scorps and T's but now they sell none. :( We do have a place called "Regal Reptiles" on Washington Street in downtown Providence. They sell some crazy things, you may have to call about T's but last time I was there they had about 3 or 4 scorpion species. Either way its a cool place to go and blow a few hours, they have anything you can ever imagine on display, but I'm sure they sell a lot since they had scorps in a back room with prices on them. (Only time I've ever seen a live Alligator Snapping Turtle was there cool place lol).

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for your help but RI is to far. Do you know of any others places?

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ya i didn't really meet anyone there....all tho some guy with eye makeup was talking to my friend {D

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for your help but RI is to far. Do you know of any others places?
No, I don't know of any others.. But RI is not far! You are a lazy new englander like the rest of us, lol. Almost all of the other states are bigger than both ours together. LOL

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HAHAHA guilty as charged. RI is probly an hour ride from me. I'm in Groton which is basically NH border.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
<Quote> I'm in Groton which is basically NH border. <Quote>

Talk to Wade at PetsPetsPets in Westford, right up the road from you. Not sure what he has available for sale at the moment but he keeps lots of bugs. He's at the store on wednesdays, thursdays and saturdays. He doesn't have any at the store but I'm sure he can bring them in.

Bill

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I really think that Cold Blooded is all that there is in MA for any sort of selection of T's. Unless the place in the post above this one is any good...(he beat me by a few seconds)

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wish I could have been there, sounds like it was decent this time. I hope to be able to go in october but that isn't looking good either.

mike

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
anyone know of a good place around the boston area?

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My rents have cottage in Dennisport, maybe i'll just wait til next time i come down.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it got soo hot in the room with all the people...geez... i got my self a Cyclosternum fasciatum but there were not a lot of things, other then snakes and reptiles but still really fun.. only 2 or 3 places had Ts.. not very many at all....they were all like pinktoes...haha but still a good time.
HAHAHA that room was like a sauna! Where in NH are you from? I'm moving to Nashua at the end of the month.

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I live in Keene NH.. hey i am going up to Manchester, NH.. by the ariport.. I wanted to know if there are any good pet stores with Ts up that way?