male?

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i know they are really bad pics. i suck and was taken through plastic that is a little dirty. am trying to get better one's but he wont go along with my plan. anyway, will anyone venture a guess if its male or not.

Last edited:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes, those are hooks. you have a mature male on your hands, now get him a gf! :}

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know they are really bad pics. i suck and was taken through plastic that is a little dirty. am trying to get better one's but he wont go along with my plan. anyway, will anyone venture a guess if its male or not.
he also looks REALLY leggy.. i guess its good to have long legs to do your business from a distance and run lol.... now i see the leg difference between an adult female and mature male

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well im not sure what i should do. i could find a female and try my hand at breeding. and seeing as this would be my first attempt. it probably wouldnt be a great idea to start with a pair of obt's given the fact that one can be a handfull and i as of yet am not that comfortable dealing with this one.
or i could send him off to someone with a little more experience. and probably double his chances of both breeding and surviving it. i had a rosea that had a sack but she had been bred prior to my purchase of her. so i have some experience with raising slings but zilch with breeding.
just hate to part with him even though i know his days are numbered

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Despite OBT's less then friendly and speedy disposition I would say they are a great first breeding to try. The male won't be that bad at all. He is more worried about mating now then anything else. If you ever wanted to try breeding this one will be easy. After he makes a sperm web you could even co habit him with a the female if you can locate one. I would try it. You dont have to handle the female, just get her into a nice setup and after she settles down and eats let the male in and watch. I have had pairs co habit for months before.
Just a suggestion I guess. {D

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yeah, breeding this species would be fine for beginning. Because the females are so receptive to males, and not inclined to eat him.

-Sean

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
really, i just took for granted with their disposition being as it is that they would be hard to deal with breeding.
i may just have to give it a try, would be interesting. im not sure about the sperm webs but hes been making webs and then the next day they will be gone so that may be whats happening. will have to start watching closer.
my daughter would kill me. thats the only spider i have that she hates. a couple hundred or so would please her im sure.