Male to female ratio is better in my collection now.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I always hate having more males than females in my collection.

When I got back in the hobby, I had planned to keep my collection small. When I say small, just wanted to keep 5-15. 15 being on the high side. No more than that at all. No matter what!

I have no will power! Here is how my collection has grown!

0.0.1 B. albopilosum
0.1.0 B. boehmei (Molt confirmed)
1.2.0 C. darlingi (Only females get the horns, right?)
0.0.2 C. faciatus
1.1.0 C. cyaneopubescens (Female molt confirmed.)
0.1.0 H. albostriatum
0.1.0 H. lividum
1.1.0 H. pulchripes (Ventrally sexed. Pretty confident about it.)
1.1.0 H. maculata
0.0.3 M. balfouri
1.0.0 P. muticus
0.2.0 P. ornata (Ventrally both are female)
0.2.0 P. rufilata (Ventrally females)
1.0.0 P. cambridgei
0.1.0 P. irminia
1.0.0 P. pulchripes
0.1.0 P. murinus

I went a little over 15....

Sadly, life is coming in to play and taking me away from home a lot. I am also a full time student. So, I don't have as much time as I would like for them. I'm coming to a hard decision. Again. Trying to avoid it. But I don't know how well it's going to work.

Life really sucks the life out of you sometimes! >_<

Jeff23

Arachnolord
This hobby is like heroin. There is no cure.:wacky:

EDIT* I apologize if it appears that I am laughing at your time situation. Once the count exceeded 15 I couldn't help but laugh.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I always hate having more males than females in my collection.

When I got back in the hobby, I had planned to keep my collection small. When I say small, just wanted to keep 5-15. 15 being on the high side. No more than that at all. No matter what!

I have no will power! Here is how my collection has grown!

0.0.1 B. albopilosum
0.1.0 B. boehmei (Molt confirmed)
1.2.0 C. darlingi (Only females get the horns, right?)
0.0.2 C. faciatus
1.1.0 C. cyaneopubescens (Female molt confirmed.)
0.1.0 H. albostriatum
0.1.0 H. lividum
1.1.0 H. pulchripes (Ventrally sexed. Pretty confident about it.)
1.1.0 H. maculata
0.0.3 M. balfouri
1.0.0 P. muticus
0.2.0 P. ornata (Ventrally both are female)
0.2.0 P. rufilata (Ventrally females)
1.0.0 P. cambridgei
0.1.0 P. irminia
1.0.0 P. pulchripes
0.1.0 P. murinus

I went a little over 15....

Sadly, life is coming in to play and taking me away from home a lot. I am also a full time student. So, I don't have as much time as I would like for them. I'm coming to a hard decision. Again. Trying to avoid it. But I don't know how well it's going to work.

Life really sucks the life out of you sometimes! >_<
I have been waiting for my slings to get bigger so that my work will be easier. It is easy to mis-judge how many T's you have versus time to care for them.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You've got some nice species there! I wouldn't be able to part with any of them, you don't exactly have any super common specimens.

Clear your inbox, mate.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This hobby is like heroin. There is no cure.:wacky:

EDIT* I apologize if it appears that I am laughing at your time situation. Once the count exceeded 15 I couldn't help but laugh.
Oh no worries. I just lost count. I really should say I just quit counting. Lol
I have been waiting for my slings to get bigger so that my work will be easier. It is easy to mis-judge how many T's you have versus time to care for them.
Even if they were larger, I would be contemplating rehoming. I just don't want to have to see them suffer due to me loading my plate up.
You've got some nice species there! I wouldn't be able to part with any of them, you don't exactly have any super common specimens.

Clear your inbox, mate.
I tried to make sure I didn't get a lot of the "beginner" species. Not my cup of tea! Lol.

Inbox is cleared out.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I have put so much thought into keeping and parting with my collection. So, I am parting with most of them. I am just going to keep 10.

The hard part was deciding which to keep and which to rehome. This is the most difficult part. But, I have to.

Here are the ones that I chose to keep.

1.1.0 GBB (These are my wife's and she wants to keep them.)
1.2.0 C. darlingi (Always going to be one of my favorites.)
0.0.2 H. pulchripes (Just because I know they're going to be even more gorgeous when they grow.)
0.0.3 M. balfouri (I am keeping these because I may end up doing a communal later on.)

Now to hope I can find someone local for the rest of the buggies! Lol

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Well, I have put so much thought into keeping and parting with my collection. So, I am parting with most of them. I am just going to keep 10.

The hard part was deciding which to keep and which to rehome. This is the most difficult part. But, I have to.

Here are the ones that I chose to keep.

1.1.0 GBB (These are my wife's and she wants to keep them.)
1.2.0 C. darlingi (Always going to be one of my favorites.)
0.0.2 H. pulchripes (Just because I know they're going to be even more gorgeous when they grow.)
0.0.3 M. balfouri (I am keeping these because I may end up doing a communal later on.)

Now to hope I can find someone local for the rest of the buggies! Lol
Excellent choices. All three of those OW's are in my top picks once I start keeping OW eventually.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent choices. All three of those OW's are in my top picks once I start keeping OW eventually.
I have to agree. These three are probably my favorite OW species. Especially the C. darlingi.