Male Phidippus Regius- is he an adult?

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
I don't have pics atm because I'm not home but I was thinking. I've seen adult male regal jumpers before and almost all of then have white on the backs of their heads and very bright and fluffy tufts of white hair on their front legs. Mine does, but it's not very brightly coloured. He has no white on the back of his head.
He has eaten to the point where his abdomen is about a millimetre wider than his head in diameter.
Can a male jumping spider have swollen pedipalps if he still has one more moult to go?
I've never seen a fat male jumper so yeah
I can provide pics later if necessary but I think I described him pretty well. He basically looks like a female phidippus audax with way less hair and a much larger head and chelicerae.

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
Yes, you may notice bulbous palps in a subadult male. Pictures would be immensely helpful here.
also, he is kinda sluggish. As if he's digesting his food specifically for a moult. And I know Tupperware isn't best for them, but it's what I had and I am getting critter keepers today. In my ken the bug guy order I did request that the spiders be in either the penultimate instar or very young adults.
C360_2017-09-16-15-07-03-387.jpg

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
Yes, he's a sub adult male.
Thank you for the images.
Sorry for the late reply, but you're welcome! Thanks for your help! But I do have a question. What do the resting sacs of P regius typically look like? Every p audax sac I've seen was dense and almost white. My male regius has made a sac in which he's been in for a few days now, it's very rough and lazy looking. Is he going to moult or is this a standard resting sac?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Sorry for the late reply, but you're welcome! Thanks for your help! But I do have a question. What do the resting sacs of P regius typically look like? Every p audax sac I've seen was dense and almost white. My male regius has made a sac in which he's been in for a few days now, it's very rough and lazy looking. Is he going to moult or is this a standard resting sac?
He'll keep adding to it.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
No problem! They will add more over time though.
Anything special you'd recommend to care for him while he is in his sac? Or should I just leave him alone and continue misting daily. Should I turn his enclosure lights off?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I don't use lights with my enclosures. Also, nope! Just keep misting the enclosure daily and the spider will be fine.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Anything special you'd recommend to care for him while he is in his sac? Or should I just leave him alone and continue misting daily. Should I turn his enclosure lights off?
Just leave him alone. Don't spray the web. A little spray on a surface for him to have a drink if he wants one.

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
Just an update, he's made his nest a lot thicker and a bit wider. Doesn't look like a loosely assembled mess anymore. Can't wait for him to emerge! At this point, when can I expect him to moult?

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
Just an update, he's made his nest a lot thicker and a bit wider. Doesn't look like a loosely assembled mess anymore. Can't wait for him to emerge! At this point, when can I expect him to moult?
Adding to that, last time he ate before becoming a couch potato was Friday, 15 september.

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
Ok everybody
My boi has exited his sac, he is on top of it now. He hasn't moulted. But he seems to be chewing on/biting the sac
Wtf he do