Male P. cambridgei

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I recently sexed my sub-adult P. cambridgei molt and I have myself a male. I am contemplating selling him to a breeder, but I was curious how many cambridgei slings I could get out of the trade. I don’t want a whole lot, but I was hoping for a few. They are one of my favorite species. I was debating just buying more slings and hoping for a female, keeping the male, but I think it would be best to do a trade. What is typically fair for this? Also, this is my first (almost) adult male, so I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to ship them, and how much it will run me in the U.S. this is a photo of him for funsies, since he’s so pretty!
Edit: I forgot to add, he is pretty big, I’d say at least 4” DLS, probably closer to 5”. So maybe another molt and he’ll be ready to go. He isnt hooking yet and his chevron is still there.
51C02EAF-B726-431D-B2C8-9D81FB896A3B.jpeg

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I recently sexed my sub-adult P. cambridgei molt and I have myself a male. I am contemplating selling him to a breeder, but I was curious how many cambridgei slings I could get out of the trade. I don’t want a whole lot, but I was hoping for a few. They are one of my favorite species. I was debating just buying more slings and hoping for a female, keeping the male, but I think it would be best to do a trade. What is typically fair for this? Also, this is my first (almost) adult male, so I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to ship them, and how much it will run me in the U.S. this is a photo of him for funsies, since he’s so pretty!
Edit: I forgot to add, he is pretty big, I’d say at least 4” DLS, probably closer to 5”. So maybe another molt and he’ll be ready to go. He isnt hooking yet and his chevron is still there.
View attachment 381503
Sell the males, that way no one rips you off.

Trading slings for a male- maybe 2-3 slings you’d get on average

There’s a lot of shipping questions on here just like yours. Search away, then come back with specific questions.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter

There’s a lot of shipping questions on here just like yours. Search away, then come back with specific questions.
That’s about how many I was wanting, just more than one. Thanks.

I was just looking for anything I’d need to know, considering I’ve never done it. What materials I would need, how much it would cost me to ship it in the U.S., how to package it safely. I’ve never shipped a package at all, let alone a live animal.
Edit: never mind, I’ve found a very informative video!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was just looking for anything I’d need to know, considering I’ve never done it. What materials I would need, how much it would cost me to ship it in the U.S., how to package it safely. I’ve never shipped a package at all, let alone a live animal.
Edit: never mind, I’ve found a very informative video!
Perfect - google is your friend

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I have only shipped T’s once so I went with a reptile shipping service that included all the stuff needed (box, foam inserts, labels, heat/cool pack, container). Actual shipping depended on point to point destination overnight. It was just easier to deal with a company that had a contract with FedEx and not have to worry about inspections and the like as much.

I could have got my materials on my own and just did the FedEx purchase through this company and saved a few bucks, but it was about convience for me.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
You could probably get 5 out so. I wouldn’t trust anyone though unless they’re reputable. As for shipping I would look on YouTube.