Male jumper laid eggs? Everyones confused

dreamingblue

Arachnopeon
I got a P. regius adult at a Repticon a couple months ago that I thought was a female when I bought it. The vendor said they were wild caught so they could already have babies brewin, so I was excited.
My best friend and I who got one with me wanted to try to breed ours, but we live a couple hours apart and wanted to give our spiders some time to adjust to their new homes, so we wanted to give it some time. Not too long after, my friends jumper webbed a sac and laid eggs and she has I’d say around 50ish that are maybe a month old now?
I was super jealous and what made it worse was it seems like my jumper turned out to be a male because it had blue/green fangs last time I saw, which was confirmed by my best friend when she came up and saw him.
So I thought that wasnt going to happen especially since its been so long since I got it and it hasnt showed any signs of having babies (now that I think about it, it was the biggest jumper at the stall) but just recently, it made a giant web, a tiny web spot within that web, and now laid eggs????? So its a female I guess the confusion came from the fang color, which I havent really looked at since before she laid the eggs, and the fact that shes still black and white?
But now theres a problem with the eggs. Half of them are in the sac and half of them are in a line kind of dripping down from the sac. Anybody know whats up?

Attachments

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
I got a P. regius adult at a Repticon a couple months ago that I thought was a female when I bought it. The vendor said they were wild caught so they could already have babies brewin, so I was excited.
My best friend and I who got one with me wanted to try to breed ours, but we live a couple hours apart and wanted to give our spiders some time to adjust to their new homes, so we wanted to give it some time. Not too long after, my friends jumper webbed a sac and laid eggs and she has I’d say around 50ish that are maybe a month old now?
I was super jealous and what made it worse was it seems like my jumper turned out to be a male because it had blue/green fangs last time I saw, which was confirmed by my best friend when she came up and saw him.
So I thought that wasnt going to happen especially since its been so long since I got it and it hasnt showed any signs of having babies (now that I think about it, it was the biggest jumper at the stall) but just recently, it made a giant web, a tiny web spot within that web, and now laid eggs????? So its a female I guess the confusion came from the fang color, which I havent really looked at since before she laid the eggs, and the fact that shes still black and white?
But now theres a problem with the eggs. Half of them are in the sac and half of them are in a line kind of dripping down from the sac. Anybody know whats up?
I have a P. regius who I suspect is actually a female despite being black and white, and having green/blue chelicerae. It does happen apparently, and is a form of color. It isn't exactly common, but it does happen. The reason I know/suspect it is a female is because it has four tufts of "hair" called setae near the dorsal eyes; males lack these. Does yours have them?
Does the web have a yellow circle in the middle of it?

dreamingblue

Arachnopeon
I have a P. regius who I suspect is actually a female despite being black and white, and having green/blue chelicerae. It does happen apparently, and is a form of color. It isn't exactly common, but it does happen. The reason I know/suspect it is a female is because it has four tufts of "hair" called setae near the dorsal eyes; males lack these. Does yours have them?
Does the web have a yellow circle in the middle of it?
Yes I think mine does have them if they kinda look like eyelashes? And yes theres yellow balls in the middle of the webbing but a lot of them are just coming out of the bottom too.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
if it laid eggs, its female. some coloration is confusing. you need to look at the pedipalps not anything else to decide male or female! it could also be an audax, and not a male regius.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Who said the fang colouration is anything near accurate? It's a wild guess and always will be. Especially with all those local forms.

spigy

Arachnopeon
Who said the fang colouration is anything near accurate? It's a wild guess and always will be. Especially with all those local forms.
I've seen lots of sites that list that male jumpers always have green/blue chelicerae and females always have pink or orange 🙄 This misinformation is why there's so much confusion! It's easy for a beginner to take that info as truth.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
I've seen lots of sites that list that male jumpers always have green/blue chelicerae and females always have pink or orange 🙄 This misinformation is why there's so much confusion! It's easy for a beginner to take that info as truth.
I know lots of sites that copy each other and do it for a living, not to make you happy or satisfied. I know lots of Facebook groups spreading lies and behave like they know better after raising their first jumper.

I think most people have access to a serious breeder. If they think a random I-net dudel is trustworthy... yeah, you know... (Which can include me, that's fine)

Regards