Male G rosea : When will he be ready?

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a splendid and shiny pink, 5 inches legspan, that molted a few weeks ago. He has the tibial hooks, ignores crickets (yet some has disappeared) I did'nt notice the "boxing gloves" but he spends most of his time pacing around and climbing. I am not sure how far he is from maturity...

Since I intend on sending this pretty boy on a breeding loan, I wonder what would be the best time to do so. Should I wait since he loaded the gloves, send him before he builds his sperm web, anytime?

It is not an info I could find specificaly, thanks for the input. When the time will come, I'll post in the appropriate section!

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If he's matured hooks/gloves, i would send him out. The sooner the better.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Since it's been a couple of weeks I would send him out, but no rush, I've seen a dozen mature males that have lived to about 2 years after maturing, but like Tuned said, the sooner the better.

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G. rosea male

I don't keep many G. rosea and have only kept one male. He had his final molt and his palps looked 'a bit' bulbous, quit eating but didn't pace or roam much at all. He had never spun a thread of web so I knew there was no way they were loaded. After about 6 months he burrowed himself into his shelter covered it with web and after about a week came out and 'ran' all over the enclosure like he was on speed. Examining the web with a magnifier I noticed the sperm droplets and he was ready. He was a bit of scared and would only drum and approach the smallest mature female I had.

Has he spun and webbing at all since his final molt? If not, I would wait as just because he had his final molt into a male does not mean he has deposited drops of sperm on his 'sperm web' and thus will not have any genes to pass on.

You don't want to sacrifice him if he's not 'loaded'. Just my humble opinion.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I wait until he is loaded, then ship him?

Do hooks appear only at ultimate molt or before?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So I wait until he is loaded, then ship him?

Do hooks appear only at ultimate molt or before?
Hooks only appear when the male matures. And no you don't have to wait till he has made a sperm web and loaded up. He can be sent off any time you want now. When the reciever gets the male then he can worry about watching for sperm webs.