Male B.vagans.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
The breeding project I bought off of another guy has begun! One of my 15 juvinile B.vagans has just moulted into a mature male! Freaky thing is that he is about half the size of either of my mature females. I almost didn't notice the spurs on the guy because I wasn't looking for them. Fortunately, this species has HUGE spurs.

Cheers,
Dave

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dave,
Good luck with your breeding project, patience is key here ;)

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Correction. Not having realized that they could mature so small, I hadn't been looking for spurs. I actualy have two more mature males who have moulted within the last month. Figures they'd chose perhaps the busiest time of the year to do it in ... good thing I caught it after all.

Cheers,
Dave

P.S. Thanks, Brandon. I'm hoping it all goes well.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is awesome. Tell us (me) about your project. If you've already posted about it, refer me to the post and I'll do some digging. I'd like to know what you're doing... I'd be interested in something similar.

Botar

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Botar,

A while ago, I bought a mature female B.vagans and 15 juvinile B.vagans as part of a big deal with an individual. All 15 juvies are CB siblings. The idea is that at least one was bound to mature into a male. Since then, I have also aquired another female B.vagans, though I have not had her moult yet. Based on size, I'd say she could very well be mature. Anyhow, now it seems I have three mature males and, based on size, a few more yet to come. Let the fun begin!

As a side note, one of the 15 was free because it was sickly and would not eat. I've provided it with crushed crickets, lots of humidity etc. for a couple months now and it has moulted and is now catching its own prey. Hoorah.

Also, is there anyone out there (esp. Canadian) with mature female B.vagans? I'd be interested in some loans.

Cheers,
Dave

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sounds awesome. I've got two B. vagan slings. I hope you have great success.

Botar

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks, mate. Perhaps in another few years we'll be trying to pair up some of our B.vagans. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually, I'm very excited about my little one's growing up and using this site as a resource for breeding loans. I don't know what difficulties we would have with the boarder, but if we can work it out, I'd like that.

Botar

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, it is underway. I matched one of my males with one of my females tonight. Things went smoothely and I managed to observe one penetration shortly before parting. No agression by either party, though the male was definitely in "flight mode" once it was over. I'm still amazed by the sexual dimorphism in this species. Size-wise, that is. The male has to get right up under her to get his palps anywhere near her ... ummm ..whatever the equivelent of an genital operculum is in spiders. Anyhow, I try with another male tommorow -- and next time I take pictures!

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If successful i will be taking some of those puppies off your hands when they are for sale.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Jacen,

For sure. I can probably send you some for the price of shipping. Same with you Rookie!

Cheers,
Dave