Male B. boehmei question

Brachymania

Arachnopeon
My B. boehmei molted about 3 months ago and has been moving nonstop since then. He has the hooks on his legs and the blulbs at the end of his pedipalps. He has not eaten a single thing but he has been drinking. I am not sure if he is fully mature yet as one of the dealers said he has one more molt to go. Is it normal for them to refuse food like that? He used to have a ravenous appetite. :confused:

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Definitely sounds like an adult male, and the dealer was only likely guessing that it had one more moult to go.... It is very difficult to determine which moult will be the final one to adult male. Its adult if its got tibial spurs and palpal bulbs... which you say it does.... therefore its adult male.

So, I suggest you advertize him for breeding loan. Yes, adult males commonly refuse food, best you can do is offer prey items, and if theyre not eaten after about a day, then remove them again. Nothing to worry about if he doesnt eat. Some i had ate often, others ate rarely, others didnt at all.

stuart

Brachymania

Arachnopeon
Ahh ok. I heard that males get to about 5.5 and mine barely breaks 5 inches so I was a little worried. Thanks for the info!