Male aphonopelma for breeding

pruw

Arachnopeon
I have a female Aphonopelma new river(I'm fairly confident)
she is about 4½" I was interested in finding a male Aphonopelma.
I cought her in the wild in sedona, AZ. If any1 has a male they want to breed or if you live in the area and can catch a male I would be very interested.
let me know

warm regards,
Kyle

AgentD006las

Arach-how about..NO
Old Timer
Noone can tell for sure the gender by that photo. We would need a photo of the underside. Its definetly not a mature male though. You may want to post this in the classifieds under inversionals or FS/WTB/FT. Thats where people will be looking to make deals. Another point to make... It does look alot like a new river. But you want to be very sure of that. You would definetly want to make sure your not cross breeding. Even if you do get a successful sac they will be hard to sell since they are so slow growing.

You may want to contact paul becker at pet center usa. He may have a mature male. She might even be gravid at the moment.. Hard to say.
Also:
Welcome to the hobby! Its great to have another washingtonian! :p

-Doug

Last edited:

pruw

Arachnopeon
Noone can tell for sure the gender by that photo. We would need a photo of the underside. Its definetly not a mature male though. You may want to post this in the classifieds under inversionals or FS/WTB/FT. Thats where people will be looking to make deals. Another point to make... It does look alot like a new river. But you want to be very sure of that. You would definetly want to make sure your not cross breeding. Even if you do get a successful sac they will be hard to sell since they are so slow growing.

You may want to contact paul becker at pet center usa. He may have a mature male. She might even be gravid at the moment.. Hard to say.
Also:
Welcome to the hobby! Its great to have another washingtonian! :p

-Doug
It is definitely a female, it has been sexxed:5: I should have been more clear. Thanks for the advice. She has been a great pet had her for 3½yrs, molted once(after about a yr). But how do I identify her for sure?

AgentD006las

Arach-how about..NO
Old Timer
It is definitely a female, it has been sexxed:5: I should have been more clear. Thanks for the advice. She has been a great pet had her for 3½yrs, molted once(after about a yr). But how do I identify her for sure?
Your best best is getting someone to collect a male from the same location you caught the female. It could be a new river but this spieces is undescribed so it would only be a edjucated guess at best. Look for a aphonopelma sp. sonoma. Ive seen some Ts being sold under this name. :?