Male A. Avic mature at 21 Months

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Why did he mature so quickly. Is it because I fed him too much? What can I do in the future. He just seemed to have reached his final molt way too soon. :(

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is about the speed that they mature if fed on a regular basis.I have one that is 16 months or so right now and will mature on his next molt in about 3 months.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gosh, it just seemed so fast. Are you going to mate yours?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure will. I have an army of Avicularia.Was hoping he matured this last molt,but oh well.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I want to mate mine so I can have some of his babies. I actually feel really sad he is mature already. :( I don't want to mail him though. Do you know anyone in the Phoenix area with a female that would like to hook up and would be willing to give me some of the slings?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would be wiling to give it a shot.Always good to use em than let them sit and wither.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well that's depressing......
It is what happens :( I had had a MM avic live well over a year after maturing.By 18 months he was in pretty bad shape,but still feeding.It is pretty hard to watch the decline after raising them from slings.Breeding him and letting him live on in his offspring is always the best thing to do IMHO.If interested shoot me a PM.