Malaysian tarantula (as promised steve)

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yo! managed to get to a specimen.

I didnt get it from my old village as the village is gone...complex now stands there...i thought i could fine a nook or sumthin there, but found nothing.

I got a look at this specimen really close to my house, in fact :)

I dont have a way of taking a photo of it, but heres the best description i can give of it .... FLAT! :)

Yep....really flattened out, rather broad pincers for its size too...

Heres the best i can do for now:
-Flat
-Dark, almost black, brown
-Broad, squarish pincers
-Hides under peeling bark of trees
-Really small(the one i saw is about 4 cm. I think they dont get any bigger, from what i remember, that is
-Likes the darker and damp parts(this one was from a tree next to a little stream
-Small sting(even for its size)

Im gonna see wether i can find it online. Im sure i can get a pic from google if i try hard enough.

Okay ppl, anyone know what it is, or might be to give me a head start on searching for a pic ?

cheers
-Jobe

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Jobe,

Go to the scorpion files and check out the Ishnuridae family. In particular, check out Liocheles. I can't remember off-hand which ones are native to your area, but I know that some are. They are extremely dorsoventraly flattened, have broad pinchers and extremely thin metasomas. They also like hiding out in humid bark type environment. Let us know what you find. Then send me a dozen. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I would like a dozen as well...just beam them over please. :D

John
];')

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Right on SHD! :)
Great link, found it in no time...very sure its Liocheles Australasiae.
You fellars must really know ur scorps :)

lol John! :)
Hmmm....beam them over you say?...howabout this...
I will give you the coordinates of the bucket of scorpions in my living room and then we both concentrate reaaaal hard!...see if we can get some form of teleportation going? imagine how much we'd save on postage! :D

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Jobe,

Better make that two dozen. I love Liocheles australasiae. Problem is, they are hard to get here. I've never seen them available.

Cheers,
Dave

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanx a bunch..... sorry it took so long for me to post. I have been with out power since sat. night :mad:. Well anyways, you can send me a dozen too while your at it:)

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lol! i JUST realised i screwed up on the topic of this thread! :D

You say they dont have these on sale there?...