Malaysian species

Jaxx

Arachnopeon
Here are some photos of the Malaysian tarantulas. Enjoy
Lampropelma violaceopes, can be found in Tapah Malaysia

Lyrognathus Robustus, can be found in Cameron Highland Malaysia. Rarely seen in the wild.

Cyriopagopus Schioedtei, Can be founnd in Cameron Highland Malaysia. They have been over collected.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are some photos of the Malaysian tarantulas. Enjoy
Lampropelma violaceopes, can be found in Tapah Malaysia

Lyrognathus Robustus, can be found in Cameron Highland Malaysia. Rarely seen in the wild.

Cyriopagopus Schioedtei, Can be founnd in Cameron Highland Malaysia. They have been over collected.
Beautiful spiders:clap:

I love the L.robustus, the legs #4 remind me of E.pachypus, never seen this species before:confused:

Keep on posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:drool: :worship: yes that robustus! ive been want that sp. forever,wow awesome spider,and yes very rare.

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

Very nice and congratulation,
The schoedtei is amazing.
I think the L. robustus is not Lyrognathus or L. vialoiceps is not Lyrognathus. See only capapace these are from 2 genuses.

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

I was very very asleep. Sorry for this really stupid reply:wall: :8o :8o

Jaxx

Arachnopeon
They(L.robustus) are known to be very hard to keep alive in captivity but they have been in captivity for almost 1 year and they seem to be doing well and eating well. I guess the trick is to keep the enclosure WET, they love it wet. So far i have 15 of this species but it seems to be very hard to get a male or you can say impossible to get 1 cos i've never seen a male before. Anyway I have discovered another unique species from Cameron Highland that plays dead when disturbed. Before that i would just throw away the spider but soon after i discovered they came back to life the next day. That means i got cheated by the spiders!! smart! If possible, i will take some video of the tarantula and share it with you guys. Do you guys know any other species that are known to play dead?

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They(L.robustus) are known to be very hard to keep alive in captivity but they have been in captivity for almost 1 year and they seem to be doing well and eating well. I guess the trick is to keep the enclosure WET, they love it wet. So far i have 15 of this species but it seems to be very hard to get a male or you can say impossible to get 1 cos i've never seen a male before. Anyway I have discovered another unique species from Cameron Highland that plays dead when disturbed. Before that i would just throw away the spider but soon after i discovered they came back to life the next day. That means i got cheated by the spiders!! smart! If possible, i will take some video of the tarantula and share it with you guys. Do you guys know any other species that are known to play dead?
15:eek: Man, you got to send me at least 1:D

Jaxx

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the compliment, i find the C.schioedtei rather different. It has very bright coloration when i got it.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know what you mean about the robustus
I was kicking myself when the only specimen i could awuire, i found dead.
They are one of my favorite species.
I love the heavy webbing they do.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
I know what you mean about the robustus
I was kicking myself when the only specimen i could awuire, i found dead.
They are one of my favorite species.
I love the heavy webbing they do.
Hi

Is this heavy webbing a product of captivity? I only ask because the ones that myself and Mr Hijmensen found in Malaysia did not show a great deal of webbing around the burrow mouth at all.
All the best
Chris