Malaysian Giant Tan (Chilobrachys sp.)

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
I finally got around to dragging out the dig and getting a photo of one of my big gals. Hopefully, this file won't be too big to post. :p

BTW, her name is "Ling" after the Lucy Liu character from Ally McBeal. :)

Wysi

Attachments

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
The usual question, EVERYBODY JOIN IN.....

How Big IS She?

She's a real beauty, that webbing almost looks like a "set" that someone would make to photograph a tarantula on. Gorgeous... and THANKS FOR THE PICS, I LOVE PICS!!!

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
The usual question, EVERYBODY JOIN IN.....

How Big IS She?

She's a real beauty, that webbing almost looks like a "set" that someone would make to photograph a tarantula on. Gorgeous... and THANKS FOR THE PICS, I LOVE PICS!!!
I want to say she's about 6 to 6.5 inches. I dared not try to get a ruler TOOOOO close to her. I think she's pretty 'calm' for a Chilobrachys species, but I don't take any chances. ;)

When she was sent to me last year, she was 5.5 and she's molted for me once already. I think she's due to molt again in August or so. She's definitely a WEBBY WEBBY critter! Every time I lift the lid to her container, I end up ripping up some of the webbing.

The last time I took her photo,we touched her leg with a paintbrush to get her to display. I just didn't want to do that to her,especially since she was already posing so nicely. :)

It would be cool to find her a male, but from what I understand, only females were shipped in. :(

Thanks for the compliment. I did do a slight bit of cropping, though it didn't really NEED it like the usambara pix I forgot to crop before posting. :p

Wysi

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by WYSIWYG
I want to say she's about 6 to 6.5 inches. I dared not try to get a ruler TOOOOO close to her. I think she's pretty 'calm' for a Chilobrachys species, but I don't take any chances. ;)
I think i figure why 'calm' was in inverted commas :)

Heres a pic i posted of my C.Huahini a few months back...she remained in the 'threat posture' for a good hour later...

And yeah...she webs a lot too...Theyre also called the malayan giant fawn spider...

Beauties...

Cheers.
-e-