making the switch

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have been keeping feeder crickets sense i was 8 when i got my first T(22 now)

and i just made the switch to super worms today, what is the best way to house them? do i need to feed them like i do crickets and water? about how long do they live?

any experience would be great.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you should get rid of this post and move it to the insect forum... wont do you much good here

rm90

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have been keeping feeder crickets sense i was 8 when i got my first T(22 now)

and i just made the switch to super worms today, what is the best way to house them? do i need to feed them like i do crickets and water? about how long do they live?

any experience would be great.

Ok uhm, get a tubberware and put in a few inches of BRAN. You don't put in water but put in stuff like potatoe peels, lettuce, etc.. moisture stuff. They can live a few months! I have tons of superworms for my bearded dragon

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i house them in a shallow plastic tub with wood shavings for substrate and veggies and bread for food.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mealworm and superworms are not the most ideal food. I only resort to them whenever I run out of crickets or roaches. I would suggest you switch from crickets to roaches and then maintain your mealworms as back up supply.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a feeling you'll be going back to crickets as many scorpions wont feed on them