Making a hide out of a hollowed out trunk

Frogdaddy

Arachnoangel
I’ve never seen those, but really it does? That’s pretty funny!!
I'm not kidding, it really looks awesome.
For others wanting to try this, I would recommend a hard wood, and abs not cedar.

Smotzer

Arachnoemperor
I'm not kidding, it really looks awesome.
For others wanting to try this, I would recommend a hard wood, and abs not cedar.
Thanks man!! And yeah to the others dont use cedar, thats name means way too many things, but the Juniperus cedars, I dont think the same applies to the true cedars

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Arachnosupporter
Of course happy to share its come full circle as the hide is being used!
I'm a helicopter T parent, so I prefer the half rounds, but that thing looks sweet and you did a good job cleaning it up and it's very natural.

Smotzer

Arachnoemperor
I'm a helicopter T parent, so I prefer the half rounds, but that thing looks sweet and you did a good job cleaning it up and it's very natural.
Yeah I normally prefer half rounds too, this is the first log type that I’ve actually used, couldn’t pass it up!

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I normally prefer half rounds too, this is the first log type that I’ve actually used, couldn’t pass it up!
I've had bad luck with moisture species, using logs/wood that isn't cork. No mold issues?

Smotzer

Arachnoemperor
I've had bad luck with moisture species, using logs/wood that isn't cork. No mold issues?
It did actually mold some in the beginning. I cycled the enclosure and plants and hide in it for 3 full months before putting the Psalmopoeus cambridgei in it. And eventually the mold dissipated slowly over time. Now it’s pretty good!! When I do enclosure’s with plants I find it really helps to cycle for as long as possible before adding anything in.

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Arachnosupporter
@Smotzer I have a 1" freebie P. cam right now. I got it at 1/2" when it got to 1" I put it in a 32oz 3 days ago and it immediately within the day made a dirt curtain. Hoping I'll see it more than my almost non-existent sub male irminia 😂

Smotzer

Arachnoemperor
@Smotzer I have a 1" freebie P. cam right now. I got it at 1/2" when it got to 1" I put it in a 32oz 3 days ago and it immediately within the day made a dirt curtain. Hoping I'll see it more than my almost non-existent sub male irminia 😂
When my Psalmopoeus cambridgei got to about 2in I pretty much saw it out all the time! They grow very quickly so it won’t be too long before it’s that size