Maintenance Concerns

tiptoeTs

Arachnopeon
So, I'm new to Ts. I only have one, a tiny B. Albo sling. My question is in regards to enclosure maintenance. I know you're suppose to remove prey remains and any poo, but...what if you can't find any??

The little thing has had a pin head Lat every day for three days and I just cannot find any trace of them or poo and I'm worried there's going to be mites or some other horrid thing become of it. They get dragged down into the burrow and then they're never to be seen again. Do I need to worry about it?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You are overly concerned. So-called grain mites do not take down T slings, though they can irritate them and adult Ts too. Small Ts generate small poop, just clean it out periodically, don't ask how often, make an executive decision hah.

tiptoeTs

Arachnopeon
You are overly concerned. So-called grain mites do not take down T slings, though they can irritate them and adult Ts too. Small Ts generate small poop, just clean it out periodically, don't ask how often, make an executive decision hah.
Hey, thank you! I figured that was the case, but thought it better to ask. :p

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey, thank you! I figured that was the case, but thought it better to ask. :p
Better to be safe than sorry :p:D:cool:

Also, while we call them "grain" mites, I don't know a soul who has ID'd the mite they found in with the Ts in captivity, myself included.

They are the one arachnid I despise.

tiptoeTs

Arachnopeon
Better to be safe than sorry :p:D:cool:

Also, while we call them "grain" mites, I don't know a soul who has ID'd the mite they found in with the Ts in captivity, myself included.

They are the one arachnid I despise.
Oh yes, I despise mites. I've had to deal with them in almost every critter I've ever had, at some point or another. All of those were mammals, though. Such a pain to get rid of :banghead:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Consider also that "little sling, little (proper) sized prey, little to remove" and the fact that, a sling, would be re-housed definitely before a 'mites' infestation due to 'bad husbandry' could occur :-s