Maggot, or baby agb???

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
Ok, I was going to add some food to my agb's bowl and saw a maybe 1/4" white grubby looking thing in the food. It did not crawl like a millipede but more like a grub. I looked in the water dish and saw about 10 of these dead in the water all about the same size. It was white and you could kind of see through it. I've had these agb's for only about a month, I dont think they are baby agb's but im not certain since these are my first. Can anyone shed some light on this for me??????:confused: :confused: :confused:

millipeter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't think that this are AGB's. The eggs need 1 to 2 months for hatching and the larvae begin to be active after 2 or 3 molts. Normally you see the legs (>6) and the darker salivary glands.

Perhaps that are maggots you introduced with leaves/humus...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have picked up a number of infector species from buying feeder bugs. i have picked up a couple fly types from buying a container along with the spider (or whatever) in it.

those sound like maggots. do they move by "rippling"?

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
yeah, that's how they were moving. I did see a fly in the cage trying to munch on some of the cucumber. I cleaned all of them out last night since they were dead, I was just wondering. Thanks guys.