Madagascar Giant Hissing Cockroach

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can I feed my scorpions a hissing cockroach? My friend gave me 5 of these suckers

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I should assume so . . . but why not try breeding them first? They're fun roaches.

*poke* *hiss!* {D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I should assume so . . . but why not try breeding them first? They're fun roaches.

*poke* *hiss!* {D
and then when you get a lot it is like

*shuffle* *HISSSSS* *Hisss* *sss*

quiet for a few minutes then

*shuffle* *HISSSSS* *Hisss* *sss*

i use baby/juv hissers as supplemental feeders or when i want to give a breeding project a treat i will feed off a subadult

one thing... these things have MASSIVE defensive spines. if i am feeding any hisser over like... ~1/2" i at least head smash them. for really big hissers about to be fed to a female i am going to be breeding soon i headsmash and heartpierce them. them let them die out all the way before i feed them off.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
lol hisss bam hiss hisss bam bam shuffle hisss
ok enough of that.
Yeah bigger hissers will fight for thier life in a T tank lol and once properly impales they will hiss and hiss and hiss. makes ya feel sorry for them ...almost just keep telling yourself its just a roach...
but it takes them a while to die and stop hissing all the time being digested ... eeewww

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
THANKS! Thats a nice picture. :clap: How big is that scorpion?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
THANKS! Thats a nice picture. :clap: How big is that scorpion?
Thanks, that is just a normal sized emperor. I tried to raise hissers before but I'm not very good at it and had alot of escapees, as they can climb glass. (there are some types of roaches that are not able to climb glass) I had a full sized adult male hisser I fed to my female Heterometrus peterssi she grabbed it and proceeded to just sting it up, it was pretty impressive to watch.

Last edited:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Threads like this remind me of the one thing I don't like about living in Florida: No roaches can be shipped here! :mad:

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Threads like this remind me of the one thing I don't like about living in Florida: No roaches can be shipped here! :mad:
That just reminded me; why is it that I cant find a seller from California? All I ever see is east coast and central?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That just reminded me; why is it that I cant find a seller from California? All I ever see is east coast and central?
i know of at least one moderate roach dealer (Double D's) and one major general/tarantula invert dealer (Krazy 8's) on the W coast. and more moderate to minor dealers so they are out there.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i actually wanna start breeding these. but i'd probably only feed the smaller ones to my inverts.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
no.... not only bam and shuffle...

Blag!!! Boom!!! Kablag!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... *NUKE*

and when you open it, you will hear them singing opera.