Mad GBB

Devin B

Arachnobaron
So today i had to remove a cockroach from my GBB's enclosure. The cockroach was hiding under my T's favorite spot. Anyway when i went to retrieve the prey my T was not happy about his roommates eviction, throwing up all sorts of threat postures. He was so ticked off that he is still holding a threat posture. I thought this was entertaining so i decided to share it with everyone. Now ill let him calm down for a week or so.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Never seen a gbb throw a threat posture before. There's a first for everything I guess.
My AF gives a slight one from time to time, though I think it's more of an inquisitive check as to what's going on, than a true threat. I haven't tested that hypothesis though.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
One of mine threw a threatpose once, but it was in pre-molt and aimed towards a locust. Mine generally just go crazy if I have to do maintenance, bolting around the enclosure.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
My sling throws threat posture a lot. In my experience, they tend relax and just kick hairs as they get older.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I tong feed my A. avic. If she wants the cricket, she will usually wait calmly until my patience expires. When I go to pull the cricket back out, she jumps on it. If she is not hungry, she will usually immediately threat posture the cricket and I know that she doesn't want it.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
My little GBB sling hasn't postured at me so far, however it seems extremely willing to kick hairs. Everyone has told me it is strange for the species, yet all I have to do is open the deli cup for a feeding and the back leg goes up, ready to kick. It is by far the most aggressive/defensive reaction I've seen out of my Ts and that includes my P. fasciata juvenile.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Seen threat poses twice with my GBB. They really aren't defensive, but quite a bit skittish. Unfortunately had to dig out a cricket from one of mine's enclosures a while back and he was pissed but mostly just ran around. However, they will move with some amazing quickness so just be aware and having to do some destroying some webbing is not a big deal, especially if the health of your spider could be involved. They'll remake it if need be.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
I just decided my next T is going to be a GBB.
It even rhymes nicely...

Last edited:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I just decided my next T is going to be a GGB.
It even rhymes nicely...
You have to get one next based on your rhyme alone. If you need more convincing they are very beautiful, good eaters, and make plenty of webs

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
You have to get one next based on your rhyme alone. If you need more convincing they are very beautiful, good eaters, and make plenty of webs
Being a good eater and no pet hole are my main criteria. Webbing isn't important to me, but it would make sense to get a more active webber, my pulchra doesn't even seem to know she can Web and with my geniculata arriving next week, I have no reason to expect this to change soon.
Gbb it is - just gotta find a breeder here offering them.

boina

Lady of the mites
Being a good eater and no pet hole are my main criteria. Webbing isn't important to me, but it would make sense to get a more active webber, my pulchra doesn't even seem to know she can Web and with my geniculata arriving next week, I have no reason to expect this to change soon.
Gbb it is - just gotta find a breeder here offering them.
Harald Tanzer has some and his sexing is always spot on.