Macro lenses

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
What do you guys use? I'm not looking for one that'll break the bank (I'm taking about the ones over a grand), but I don't want something cheap either. I have a Nikon D5000, if it matters to anyone.

Ebayzo

Arachnopeon
Using a Sigma 105mm F2.8 on my Canon 77D (also available for Nikon). It's amazing for a reasonable price (+/- €400 new).

No problem getting pictures like this (was one of the first with the lens in open world)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I use a Sony 50mm. I also have a Tamron 100mm, but it is a huge lens and very heavy. I only use that lens for outdoor purposes when I can't get as close to the subject. All my home shots are done with the 50mm, because it is far lighter and won't cast a shadow when I use the on camera flash.

Ebayzo

Arachnopeon
I use a Sony 50mm. I also have a Tamron 100mm, but it is a huge lens and very heavy. I only use that lens for outdoor purposes when I can't get as close to the subject. All my home shots are done with the 50mm, because it is far lighter and won't cast a shadow when I use the on camera flash.
hehe, i dont have the option in two lenses atm. So i chose the 105mm to be more versatile in outside world. It is indeed massive and heavy. Didn't notice shadows tho. But also using ring flash alot.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I also have a Tamron 100mm,
How is quality control at Tamron these days? I had a Tamron telephoto which did a great job but refused to defy gravity. Self adjusting when pointing up or down.