Macro Flash Diffuser

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations as far as a flash diffuser for macro photography. I use a strong ring light righr now but I don't like it and the ring interferes with some wide-angle lenses.

Thanks!

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations as far as a flash diffuser for macro photography. I use a strong ring light righr now but I don't like it and the ring interferes with some wide-angle lenses.

Thanks!
In the good old days we used tissue paper, a very good diffuser.

Or a clean white handkerchief.

Last edited:

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
This was taken with an off camera speedlight and the camera's built in flash, both with paper towels loosely taped over them:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Or, if you have a flash that can be pointed independent of the camera, point the flash at white or other colored paper so it reflects on the subject.
This was a trick a top pro photographer often used when taking pictures of models to get the lighting complimentary to both the model skin tome and the clothing they were modeling.
I applied the same trick in my ex wife's studio when she was painting artwork. We had one entire wall painted as a rainbow and she directed halogen lights on various areas until she got the ambient light she desired.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use the Cygnus tech diffuser and love it, but there are many options as stated, here’s a recent pic using it 53486961892_64092dfab5_o.jpeg