Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Macodes petola

Discussion in 'Live Plants' started by mickiem, Jan 18, 2019.

1. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    I planted a bioactive vivarium it is 8x8x12. Right now it has subadult morning geckos in it. But it’s about the plants. This is a Macodes petola. All those little curls are new leaves. There are 7 curls if you can find them! This will be quite lush when they unfurl. It is 4-6” tall and offers lots of hiding places. It has bloomed but it was a forgettable bloom. I just cut 3 discolored leaves off from the left. I saw the new ones coming and wanted to give them more room. 14132B49-1F05-44AC-91C0-DB376187768B.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnoprince Active Member

Beautiful! It must be quite happy if it bloomed for you--orchids will put off blooming for decades.

3. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince

Yikes! The Ludisia hasn't bloomed yet, but now I feel more confident, thanks! The Lepanthes seem to bloom a lot. I think they are easier.

4. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnoprince Active Member

I should rephrase--if unhappy, orchids will wait indefinitely to bloom, but they can eek out a non-blooming life indefinitely. If it's already bloomed, it probably will again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.