M. robustum Sack!!!!

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've just about gave up on her and yesterday just happen to check on her and found it. It's been a good five months or more since i bred her. I've been really busy lately with other things and had not checked on her in about 3-4 weeks. Her tank is in the corner and i have to move a lot of stuff to see into her burrow. So i'm not sure how far along the sack is. I'll just keep it in there for 3 weeks to be safe before i remove it. Or maybe i'll just leave it with her. Let me know what you guys think. Here is a bad pic of her, i didn't want to disturb her.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh if these hatch.. count me in for a set... beautiful species.. and not offered enough

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ooh, cool! I want one! Congrats on the sac. Haha, at least you checked and didn't just end up with "tiny tarantulas" crawling up your wall one day! {D I would do your first suggestion, if it was me, and take a peek in 3 weeks. Good luck!

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh if these hatch.. count me in for a set... beautiful species.. and not offered enough

I have not seen and slings offered in at least a couple years in the US. I did some research and this might be the 2nd US breeding if all goes well. Wish me luck.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So far as far as I know Brian S is the only in the US to successfully breed them.

now if only my male would mature!:D

Good luck. This is by far my favorite species. And if you get some slings count me in.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats!

Very cool species. Too bad they are itchy, or I would be on the boat and say "count me in for some". :eek:

Hopefully they'll be viable and hatch successfully. Your battle is half won.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Totally awesome! Congratulations! If you want to leave the sack with her you can. Not sure what type of container she's in, 10 gallon tank? Anyways what I normally do with a terrestrial species is I cover the tank with a piece of glass cut to size (careful don't slice yourself!). This kept mine after hatching from escaping. I would slide the glass over when they came up to crawl around the top of the tank and then direct them into deli cups one by one. Some species though don't come out and roam to the top, they dig! That's when you have to remove the glass and collect them directly out of the tank. Personally, I've never incubated, but plenty of others have with success.

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply, the tank is a 20g long. She has plenty room. I think that is what helped her feel confortable enough to lay the sac.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply, the tank is a 20g long. She has plenty room. I think that is what helped her feel confortable enough to lay the sac.
Yeah, you're probably right, I think the more room they have to explore, the better. Way to go!

And you're most welcome!

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good job! Is that the female you got from me fore ever ago? If so you should save me a sling! Good luck!

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well i went ahead and pulled the sac today. It was looking a little flat so i went ahead and pulled it. Opened it up and was amazed that i found about 65 good eggs and no duds. The eggs are huge, about the size of a pea. Pulled it at around the 23rd day but was in there longer. Should have another week or so until first instar. Here is a quick pic i took. Wish me luck guys.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations, this is such a great species. I have an unknown subadult myself which I only picked up a couple months back. I haven't had it molt yet so haven't been able to sex it. As far as I know there are only a handful of Canadians keeping this species and hopefully we can also get them offered a bit more. 65 eggs seems like a decent number for robustum sac as well.

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Eggs are still looking good. But still no eggs with legs yet. Its been 31 days since i discovered the sac. I'm thinking of moving the eggs to a warmer room. The room they are in now stays at 69-72.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on the sac :)
I would suggest urgently warmer temps: 27-29 ºC, and rotate the eggs about 4 or 5 times a day, keep humidity really high in your incubator. Good luck!!

Pato-

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Dude! Man! I just saw your post. Epic Oober-Awesome! This is really a wonderful step forward for this Sp. I hope all works out for you. :) Cheers and good luck! :clap::worship::clap:

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Be sure post a breeding report! There isnt too much information on the breeding of these.