M p. ruffilata molt inquiry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
one of my male p. rufilatas moulted monday night. hasn't moved much which is normal. he was about 3.5" before the moult. but two of his feets don't look right. and after looking closer it looks as if he may be bleeding? or is this something i've never seen before in any of my other T's? does anyone see anything wrong in this pic...

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I don't see any obvious hemolymph, just the white of his leg joints. But congrats, looks like you now have a mature male.:)

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
too funny

I'm staring at the pic, trying to imagine what it is that you're seeing that looks like blood :wall: Apparently there is no appropriate emoticon for sarcasm. Yes, noted MM. Feeling like a dork but still laughing!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Hmm, yeah I didn't realise it was so small, but I have heard of pokies maturing quite small before. Can you move it away from the substrate at all to get another picture? Perhaps it just has a couple of palp joints pressed up against the container making it look like palpal emboli? More pics would help.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
at 4" ? :?
When that bad boy spreads out I'll be willing to bet he's not 4" more like 5.5.
Sometimes I have seen pokies and even other larger species have males mature smaller then you think they would. He's 100% mature though that's for sure. I don't see any bleeding. Send him out and make babies!!!!!!

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When that bad boy spreads out I'll be willing to be he's not 4" more like 5.5.
Sometimes I have seen pokies and even other larger species have males mature smaller then you think they would. He's 100% mature though that's for sure. Send him out and make babies!!!!!!
i think you're right ryan.

he's moved a bit since i took that picture but he's now laying the opposite way.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup...nothing wrong, he just matured.

BTW, if you ever see red on a tarantula, its not blood. Tarantula blood isnt red, its a light pale blue. :)

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yup...nothing wrong, he just matured.

BTW, if you ever see red on a tarantula, its not blood. Tarantula blood isnt red, its a light pale blue. :)
i think we were talking about the white "bubble" on the joint. thanks for all the info everyone.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The 'bubble' is normal joint material, it's just shiny and new so it looks liquid and will dull out before long.

Bill