M. balfouri Spermathecae...

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am the type to document everything and now that I have a Monocentropus balfouri I am doing the same for this species. In my search for the spermathecae image, I could not find pictures of what it would look like.
So This is my first look under a microscope. Looks like boxing gloves. I wanted to share. If there are other pics around please post.
Enjoy.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Either of you have decent ventral shots to go with those? Would be nice to see some from a confirmed T...

Bill

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Either of you have decent ventral shots to go with those? Would be nice to see some from a confirmed T...

Bill
No, sorry. These guys are as close to a pet hole as you can get. It is pretty hard to get a ventral shot.
I will try to get one.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like oven mits! haha. Great shots guys!

I need to get one of these, just never fell into "the hype":eek:

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Boxing gloves lol. I got em because I think they look like a teddy bear. Don't know why I see them as a teddy bear but I do{D

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
HAHAHA, looks like Michigan!

Talon, if i send you my next molt can you spread it and look at it for me? PM me to discuss.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Sorry for hijacking the thread but this is kind of exciting...

Today my "probable" male molted and I think I saw these with naked eye. I hope it is not wishful thinking but this is a small spider and they were very tiny. But definitely sitting on a darker area and definitely 2. I need a dissecting microscope for sure.

Here is how it looked ventrally before molting:

Any idea?