M. balfouri sexing

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a few photos of my M. balfouri. these pics are of the same tarantula. i would really love to see what every one thinks the sex on this is. i as of now have no idea so i'm looking to the pros. Let me know what you think! thanks in advance.

felmor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Female?I think it has a slit on the first pic. it's better to wait for the molt.. 100% sure sexing :D

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Female?I think it has a slit on the first pic. it's better to wait for the molt.. 100% sure sexing :D
yeah it destroyed the last molt...i could just wait for the thing to grow up but im the impatient one who likes to make plans for their T's future. arrange meet and greets...line up dates...you know the normal stuff we do for our "children" haha

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Male for me. Though i am not an expert on sexing T's, based on the pics. the slit is to small, slit also seen in males...Regards..

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Male for me. Though i am not an expert on sexing T's, based on the pics. the slit is to small, slit also seen in males...Regards..
thanks. i thought so myself but i wasnt sure. figured i would get the best pics i could, its not very cooperative. i'm still gonna try to sex it next molt.

After3Days

Arachnosquire
thanks. i thought so myself but i wasnt sure. figured i would get the best pics i could, its not very cooperative. i'm still gonna try to sex it next molt.

Yes. Much better if you could sex it in the next exuvium, lets pray will turned out into a fem. Still a beauty, one of the rarest. =)

Last edited:

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
to me the flash is too bright to see IMO. It does look male by the other hints but I have had male looking little ones who molt out and are females.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like a male to me...(judging by the distance/angle of the booklungs..)

snakecollector

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I say male too...

With M. Balfouri the males have more blue than females around the carapace.

Good luck!!!

John

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

new Image, still looks the same but at least its alot more clear. cant wait for this thing to molt.

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Just above where you type is a little tab that says Search. if you click on that and type in "M Balfouri" you will get probably 1 page of info on sexing your T. Enjoy PS you'll probably want to buy a microscope.... for more than one thing

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just above where you type is a little tab that says Search. if you click on that and type in "M Balfouri" you will get probably 1 page of info on sexing your T. Enjoy PS you'll probably want to buy a microscope.... for more than one thing
hey...thanks, in the last two years of me being on this site i didnt know there was a search function. figured that was to find tarantulas. :wall::wall::wall: wow, deja vu just set in cuz if im not mistaken thats exactly what i typed in a thread about 12 hours ago. since you wanna be condescending :clap: take a minute and do a search yourself, theres barely any sexing threads for this species, and most of the pictures are about as good as mine are. see....

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=198472&highlight=Monocentropus+balfouri

and with that being the only page out of 250 that was produced with keywords "monocentropus" "balfouri" and "sexing" im pretty sure ive done my research.

Im asking for peoples best guess at a what sex my M. balfouri is which even seasoned veterans will do from time to time. so unless you have a guess as to what the sex is, i will kindly ask you to bugger off.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks a male to my eyes but then they have lied to me before :?