M.balfouri ready for mating

Murnau

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I'd like to share with you an observation that I did an hour ago.
I was looking at my Ts when I surprised the male Monocentropus balfouri filling up his embolus ("emboluses" in plurial?). He's mature for about 2 months. Of course, I've already seen this kind of behaviour but only on videos, I've never had the chance to see that in real before.

So, I took some photos, unfortunately no great quality here but i think is a good thing to share. On it we can observe the drop of sperm on the triangular web, the male is filling up the embolus during a long time by waving quickly his bulbusses one after the other.
:)

20220526_203229.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hey guys, I'd like to share with you an observation that I did an hour ago.
I was looking at my Ts when I surprised the male Monocentropus balfouri filling up his embolus ("emboluses" in plurial?). He's mature for about 2 months. Of course, I've already seen this kind of behaviour but only on videos, I've never had the chance to see that in real before.

So, I took some photos, unfortunately no great quality here but i think is a good thing to share. On it we can observe the drop of sperm on the triangular web, the male is filling up the embolus during a long time by waving quickly his bulbusses one after the other.
:)

View attachment 419486
He's going to be on the hunt for a lady tonight! Do you have any mature females lined up for him to pair with? That's a cool pic!

Murnau

Arachnopeon
He's going to be on the hunt for a lady tonight! Do you have any mature females lined up for him to pair with? That's a cool pic!
Thanks ! I have some females but any of them are mature yet. .😕 however 2 of them should be ready in few times. I hope they'll be before the male is a goner.

Maybe I have another male but my other specimens are too young to be sexed for the moment, even if I guess I will be able to check their next "molt session" to confirm that..!