Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

m balfouri communal

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Jacob Thibodaux, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    Thinking of getting a m balfouri communal, 4 included, enclosure is included As well. I'm just curious as to what size enclosure I'll need when they are fully grown.

• Like Like x 1
  2. EulersK

EulersK Arachnonomicon Staff Member

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Just remember this species has not been documented as a true communal in the wild, actually no species of tarantula has. So good luck w/that.

4. beaker41

beaker41 Arachnoknight

The best communal setup is to have plastic dividers between the individuals.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Mah... good luck :)

I don't have a particular advice to give you, aside this that (IMO) is a logical one: opt for 'space' at least, since you don't want exactly to have 2/3/4/etc + Theraphosidae living in a too much 'little' enclosure.

Personally one of my 'historycal' rule is: one Theraphosidae, one enclosure. 'Contact' only when it comes to breeding, and no more.

I see too much 'Cons' rather than 'Pros' in communal set ups, no matter the species in question.

6. Totally the best thing I ever bought. So far they are totally comfortable together. They all share a burrow, I can see some of it. They share meals and all. I will try and add a few more soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.