M.balfouri communal...please help!

fretman08

Arachnosquire
Ok so I have a 2" M.balfouri and I really want to get another one to put in there with it because I have heard that they are very communal. Is there any rule of thumb that I should follow?

Last edited:

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
i thought the general (i have no clue about M balfouri) rule of thumb with communal setups is to start with members from the same egg sac?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i thought the general (i have no clue about M balfouri) rule of thumb with communal setups is to start with members from the same egg sac?
Thats what Im thinking as well.

And this is just my opinion, but I think it's a terrible idea to start a communal set up with Ts that cost well over 100$ a piece. There is always a chance that some Ts will be eaten, and that just seems like a heck of a lot of money to spend on Ts that may be eaten anyways.

Again, thats only my opinion. If you are willing to shell out the money and give it a try, then go for it. I have heard that they are communal too. I even have a video saved in my favorites on youtube that shows the mother living with all of her babies. Should be interesting to document. Keep us updated if you decide to do it!

fretman08

Arachnosquire
lol i have the same video saved. its actually kind of cute to see the momma balfouri and all the babies crawling around her hehe

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd have to agree with J Huff in that I wouldn't risk it.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would talk to Abraxas Complex if I were you, he has had success with M. Balfouri communal set-ups.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You must be loaded if you could risk communally keeping M.balfouri, I know I wouldn't even though some baboons can be kept communally It is usually done from the same sac and even then with risk, over here M.balfouri are £70 a sling so I cant imagine the price of them over there......

I just got three Harpactira sp. RBN slings which are meant to be communal also but there ain't no way I'm taking the chance even though they were posted to me all in the same pill vile with no losses (was kinda cute actually they were all huddled up together)

You commonly hear about certain species of Poecilotheria being kept communally from time to time so I guess at the end of the day its up to you, but I think its too risky.....

:)