M. balfouri (1.5" DLS)

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
Hello, my M. balfouri just molted today and its current size is 1.5 inches DLS. I noticed that the legs and chelicerae are dark, not blue just grayish. I also heard that male spiders mature faster than females. Is there a possibility that its a male? I really want a female since Im only allowed one spider. I tried sexing the spider through molt but it was too small and it was torn. To those who have raised M. balfouri from slings, have you noticed coloration differences between each individual at this size? I would appreciate if I could get some information. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hello, my M. balfouri just molted today and its current size is 1.5 inches DLS. I noticed that the legs and chelicerae are dark, not blue just grayish. I also heard that male spiders mature faster than females. Is there a possibility that its a male? I really want a female since Im only allowed one spider. I tried sexing the spider through molt but it was too small and it was torn. To those who have raised M. balfouri from slings, have you noticed coloration differences between each individual at this size? I would appreciate if I could get some information. Thank you in advance.
At that size they don't even have their adult colors. So there isn't an indicator as to what their gender is.

I couldn't tell mine apart till the male matured then his legs and most of the rest of him was really blue. Like this photo of the MM before I sent him off to breed:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek