Lycosa sp. eggsac

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello there,
So... Recently one of my wolfspiders gave me my first eggsac. Now, I wonder if I should take it from her or let the little spiders hatch and ride their mother? Raise the humidity, temperature? Feed the mother? I assume the children will leave their mothers back on their own, and then I should separate them? Pics coming soon.
Best regards, Matthew.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm surprised nobody's responded. I've never raised wolves, so I can't give you advice on humidity, and feeding the mother an such. Personally, I would leave the sac with the mother, because the way they care for their young is a very interesting aspect of these spiders' behavior.

I've read that when the slings leave their mother's back for good, it's a good time to separate.

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey,
I'm suprised too. Well, it's a new experience for me. :)
I've just raised the humidity a bit, cause I had read that someone's sac dried out because of lack of the water. Yeah... That's what I'm about to do, I'll leave the sac to her, just wanted a hint from someone more experienced... I agree that their behaviour is extraordinary, they carry the slings just like scorpions do. :)
Take care.

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Leave the sac with the mom until it hatches. The spiders will start to disperse off of her back when they are ready. You can feed her still with the sac as well.

bannanaspider

Arachnopeon
wolf spiders

Hi there,i saw you where wondering about removing the egg sack from the mother ?dont the female carries the young on there backs till they can fend for there selfs.

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep, thats what I did. :) Here's the proud mother (exhausted a bit as You can see):

Best regards, Matthew!