Lychas infuscatus scorplings

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've kept an adult last year for a couple of months. It didn't last long, my mistake was too much moisture in the enclosure. Then I had another chance to get 2 more to add to my collection.

Now, I'm so happy to discover that one of the scorps turned out to be gravid. All along I thought she was just in pre-molt, she's less than 2 inches in length.

Pic taken 02/28/07 with first instars

Pic taken today 03/04/07 with 2nd instars

I have not counted them yet. I'm worried that the mom might eat her slings if disturbed too much.

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey,
Awesome scorps! Congrats, hope You'll have more and more :)
Blaster.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congatres therwe! i guess its in for the season for bark scorpion to drop babies., i have 2 females Lychas scutilus Dropping 2 broods for me in total within half a month!

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm fairly new to keeping Lychas, does anyone here know how to sex them? I'm not sure if the other adult I have is male.

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

my males are much smaller than the females, plus they are showing an obvious dimorphism of more slender metasoma segments. Furtheron they are appearing more slender in general.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice species Alakdan! Never heard of them before. Congrats on the babies :)

polphot

Arachnopeon
Congratulations on your new brood! I realized too that my infuscatus recently wasnt that humidity lover as it is showing signs of mycosis. Again Cheers!

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Alex!

This means I got 2 females. I just hope the other one is also gravid. I will go hunting again in a couple of weeks in a different location. I hope to find males this time.