Lunch break yesterday yielded this sexy thang....

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A two minute drive from home and me and my daughter snagged this peep out of the first burrow we tried.....and still had time to grab me a burrito for lunch.

Aphonopelma chalcodes male right? so then later in the evening I go to my car bare footed and I get nailed by a freakin bee.....oh well :wall:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5084/achalcodesko1.jpg

**sorry bout the wrong category thing

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some more pix

Went back to the same spot on Saturday a few blocks from home and got another T (juvie) but released it and got a fat trapdoor. Many trapdoor burrows all over the place, some vacant, some shut tight and others appeared to have been used by Tarantula wasps. Here are some pics.

Make it a great day!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The T looks more like an A. anax to me. What are you using for substrate? You should be using organic potting soil or peat, that hard bark could hurt your T!! Why do you think its a male? Did you sex it ventrally? It is really a nice looking T, congratulations!!!!!!!

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nope

Didnt sex it. That was just a temporary closure in the picture. Im using peat moss at about 2" and I threw in a couple of bark strips I found in that area and and a few bark strips just for looks. I put a tp spool for burrow and it eats like there's no tomorrow ( like me). The one I took home appears to be a A. Chalcodes which is the one in the original msg. The one in the first set of pics is a smaller one that I released and it went back in its burrow and probably thinking "WTF was all that about?".... I checked up on it and it's doing fine. I might go back and feed it. The TD is also in a temp setting right till I get home tonight. Any feedback or advice is always appreciated.