Lumps and Bumps: Scorpion Edition

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My two flatrock scorpions have some odd spots on them. They don't spread or anything, they just exist. Just thought I'd get them checked out:

I doubt that they're a big deal, but better safe than sorry right?

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
EDITED, I read Bay's post and changed my mind. The photos are too dark for this computer..

Mike

Last edited:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alot of WC flat rock scorpions have battle wounds almost everyone i have seen showed some sign of being in a conflict. the first pic looks to be an old sting wound, not too sure about the second pic though

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alot of WC flat rock scorpions have battle wounds almost everyone i have seen showed some sign of being in a conflict. the first pic looks to be an old sting wound, not too sure about the second pic though
The larger object in the second photo is raised, kind of like a scar or a scab. Mabye she got pinched by another scorpion? They definitely aren't booklungs, being asymmetrical and all.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely a possibility.... my male H trog is scarred all to hell. He even has a bulge on his plural membrane with a scar on it. If the scorp is eating, healthy( other than the odd marks and what not) and doesn't seem to be affected by them, i wouldn't worry.

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely a possibility.... my male H trog is scarred all to hell. He even has a bulge on his plural membrane with a scar on it. If the scorp is eating, healthy( other than the odd marks and what not) and doesn't seem to be affected by them, i wouldn't worry.
Good stuff. It's actally kind of interesting to know that one is a sting wound. Battle scars give character. {D

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got an H.spinifer with 1 1/2 chela. He still eats good and get's along with his roomies.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got an H.spinifer with 1 1/2 chela. He still eats good and get's along with his roomies.
Never mind I had an H.spinifer that had 1 1/2 chela. It past this morning. It had a good two years with me.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
true but it was my favorite scorpion because he still managed to live a full life( i hope) with just one usable claw.