Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Lucky mislabeling

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by Patherophis, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    I bought some beetle larvae earlier this year, yesterday two imagos emerged, but to my surprise, they are different species than I ordered an that was labelled on the box. I am not upset, as it is "better" species, and I was actually considering buying it before i chose the other one. Do You have yourselvelves some funny or fortunate mislabeling stories ? :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. 8LeggedLair

8LeggedLair Arachnoknight

Yea your lucky man :D
    Hopefully the next T I order gets a different label and wind up getting a P.Mettalica instead of a Avic.Metallica :)
    But I’d be just as devastated if it were the other way around, received an Avic.Metallica instead of P.Metallica...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. What species did you order? I know that one is M torquata immaculicollis.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

Every time I see threads on beetles I get annoyed all over again at our stupid overbearing laws in the US. All we can get are native species and while there are a few nice ones they are nothing like the tropical species. :(

• Sad Sad x 1
  5. beetleman

beetleman Arachnoking Old Timer

i agree 100%

6. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnobaron

Chelorrhina polyphemus confluens

7. Cool, I do agree what you ended up with is a prettier beetle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.