Lq has not ate in my care

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a Lq i had for 2 months that has not ate in my care.I have checked on it every other day and seems very acitve,but is very fat..

I am thinking I got it from some who most of feed it a lot?

I keep it at room temp. 75 should I increase temp?

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow its fat, you can try raising the temp to 80 to increase its metabolism. I think you should wait until its body decrease in size before you try offering food on it again.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
temperature or not, stop trying to feed it. its fat as all heck, and probably in premolt, if just not full.

just some helpful advice

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Raise the temp to 80-85 as stated before. Keep it there for a week or so and then spray about 1.5 good sprays of water on the far side of the tank in the sand. This will get the humidity up just enough to trigger a molt, hopefully. You'll know if it works for this guy if it goes and sits on the wet sand...
And keep the temps up from now on...

Good luck.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Raise the temp to 80-85 as stated before. Keep it there for a week or so and then spray about 1.5 good sprays of water on the far side of the tank in the sand. This will get the humidity up just enough to trigger a molt, hopefully. You'll know if it works for this guy if it goes and sits on the wet sand...
And keep the temps up from now on...

Good luck.
Ok.I'll give that a try,THANKS

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Molting in progress!

Well I came home today and was checking on my critters and saw my Lq doing a weird little dance,like a struggle,20 minutes later he is coming out of that all skin

Can not wait to see him when he is done a tried out!

Thanks everyone! I increased temps just a little,82-84 ? and bam !not sure if this did it or it was just time.

I will try to get a new pic up in a day or so

THANKS! again

-Kevin

lilhildy

Arachnopeon
I have a dune scorp that looks just like he did. As normal; raising temp will speed up the molting time line and next feeding time but do so very carefullly... too fast and you can stress it out. I tend to keep all my scorps towards the low end of the temp range on purpose... less stress, slower growth, and better breeding success. (from experience with Dunes)... make sure to post up some post-molt pics please! I love LQs but have to addmit that A. australis are still and my always be my fav!

Lilhildy

Last edited: