LPS using gravel.

jeryst

Arachnopeon
I was on a short trip and decided to stop into a small local pet shop that I have gone by, but never stopped at.

The owner has 4 or 5 T's and he has natural gravel in all of the tanks. He says it minimizes cleanup and doesnt produce mold.

All the T's looked in good shape, had clean water dishes, etc.

Just wondering what you guys think about that.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that I read in Tarantula Keepers Guide that in the wild, some Ts do live on gravel like terrain. Although in my opinion, it is better to keep captive tarantulas on a better substrate. Just because it happens in the wild doesn't mean that it is ideal.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just remember, a pet shop is in the buisness to sell a product. If the product is in a hole, it can't be sold. As long as the T's are well taken care of, it's all in the name of selling.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Just remember, a pet shop is in the buisness to sell a product. If the product is in a hole, it can't be sold. As long as the T's are well taken care of, it's all in the name of selling.
how many shows do we go to where T's are in deli cups with no substrate. It's about selling.

jeryst

Arachnopeon
Yes, I guess you are right. I also stopped into a store a few months ago, and they had an absolutely gorgeous huge female LP in a 10 gal tan, with no substrate at all. Just a water dish.