LP vs curly hair behavior

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I have a mystery T about 1.25in. I posted a pic in the Tarantula ID section and its either and LP or curly hair i believe. It likes sit out in the open almost all the time. Before i put a hide in it deli cup enclosure it would always be rearranging the coco fiber in the deli cup. Is this more LP behavior or curly hair.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a mystery T about 1.25in. I posted a pic in the Tarantula ID section and its either and LP or curly hair i believe. It likes sit out in the open almost all the time. Before i put a hide in it deli cup enclosure it would always be rearranging the coco fiber in the deli cup. Is this more LP behavior or curly hair.
Curly hairs are bulldozers and like to rearrange dirt a LOT and both of mine like to sit out in the open now. I have two of both species. The LPs I got as adults though, so I can only say for sure about the B. albos.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
well its gonna molt soon so gonna be one step closer to positive ID

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They both dig a lot as slings and smaller juvies. After a couple of molts you will begin seeing the curly, golden setae if it's a B. albopilosum. L. parahybana will stay plain brown for a bit longer and eventually gain their more blackish color. Basically a curly will start looking like a curly around 2" or so.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i just remembered something. it has an orange spot under its abdomen. i believe seeing the exact same spot on one of the curly hair sling pics on the boards

Dexity

Arachnopeon
My curly hair just had his ultimate molt, I could have swore he was a she but hooks appeared! He is my first full grown T!!!!! Sad he is a male though, if anyone is in KS and wants to mate a curlyhair. (sorry for the derail, if this was the old west, I would likely be a train robber)