LP threw a tantrum!

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
So, last night I was watering the spiders - It's been hot in the uk over the weekend so thought I'd get them all topped up. As usual, my LP had put some substrate in the water dish, so I removed the dish, cleaned it and filled it up for her.

Half an hour later, after my tea, I went back in the spare room and saw she was clearly not happy with the clean water dish situation! It was upside down, and half buried in substrate. She was sat in front of it looking all beady eyed and innocent...

That's a record for me, most of mine put a small amount of substrate or food left overs in the dishes, but to destroy it completely in half an hour, that's impressive!

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
My LP constantly fights with his water dishes.

He has three right now, all of them are upside down, and he actually managed to stack two of them.

That spider needs a hobby.

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
I tried lego blocks for my slings, the flat, very small ones. I now gave it up on most of them. They flip it, burrow it or even web it. No chance to clean them without disembling half the enclosure. Some Ts seem to be personally offended by water dishes.

krequiem

Arachnopeon
My LP constantly fights with his water dishes.

He has three right now, all of them are upside down, and he actually managed to stack two of them.

That spider needs a hobby.
I think your T would be surprised to find out that flipping water dishes isn't a hobby, 'cause he clearly thinks it is. :-D

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
My lp is by far the worst offender with the water bowl. Still plays with it if its been empty. Should throw a mini soccer ball and see what happens

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I started filling my P. scrofa’s water dish, and instead of going for the dish she yanked up all her webbing like a big tablecloth and tried to dive under it. That was a new one. The heat is making all the Ts a little loopy :wacky:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I have slightly different Lp story. So my girl made a burrow with the main chamber in the front of her XL kk (sort of defeating the purpose of a burrow, but I digress). She kept widening the chamber to the point where fissures were opening and I knew it was going to collapse. And we're talking about four to five inches of dirt, so I was worried she might not be able to dig herself out. So as soon as I saw she was out of the burrow, I took a broom straw and poked the top of the chamber - which instantly collapsed. Mini-crisis averted I left to do something else. But when I returned, there she was, sitting on top the collapsed chamber, like she was saying " Look what you did, you big jerk! All my hard work ruined!

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
Thought this might fit here:

Yesterday, I looked over my enclosures and topped of the water dishes. However, the bottle cap I use for my N. Tripepii was gone. Only after completely removing the lid of the enclosure, I found it.

She moved out of her burrow where she spends most of her time, took the dish, somehow moved it to the opposite side of the enclosure and flipped it over for good measure.

I get the feeling, I might have gotten myself a rather accentuated character there with a passionate disgust for water dishes. The other day she came out of her burrow when I filled it up exclusively to give me a threat posture for my efforts.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
buried bottle caps.jpg
I kept giving my sling new bottle cap water cups since she kept burying them. What's a T keeper to do???

Some Ts appear to hold grudges against water dishes in general.

[sorry for re-posting this same pix every time this topic comes up!!! Mine had a fragile burrow, hence my not 'digging' them up and refilling original cap/bowl]

Last edited:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
N. Tripepii
Lol, what's with the Nhandus? My N. chromatus's water dish was looking beat up and dirty, so I decided to switch it out for a new one. I got the old one out, no problem. But when I tried to put the new one in she rushed forward went into a threat pose and struck at it twice! So I put the old one back - she stayed in threat pose but didn't strike at the old one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
So, last night I was watering the spiders - It's been hot in the uk over the weekend so thought I'd get them all topped up. As usual, my LP had put some substrate in the water dish, so I removed the dish, cleaned it and filled it up for her.

Half an hour later, after my tea, I went back in the spare room and saw she was clearly not happy with the clean water dish situation! It was upside down, and half buried in substrate. She was sat in front of it looking all beady eyed and innocent...

That's a record for me, most of mine put a small amount of substrate or food left overs in the dishes, but to destroy it completely in half an hour, that's impressive!
I think its because you accidentally poored tea instead of water in the dish...

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Don't forget about Grammostola pulchripes.. I've lost count on how many waterdishes are buried in its enclosure